Chapter 45

After I parted from Lucina, I was bothered by Owain again and his nonsense.

Owain:"I speak the truth! A weapon releases its full potential only when its name is called for!"

Me:"And I say 'my weapons have no name'! Why do you even care?"

Owain:"It's a torture to see such powerful weapons unable to be called! My heroic spirit craves to solve this!"

Me:"...Now you're exaggerating."

Owain:"Am not!"

I was really going to rip my ears. He was so insistent!

And he only got worse when he was...

Uhm, that's a little soon.

Me:"Listen, if I let you name my shotgun would you stop bothering me?"

His eyes shined so much I could swear I've seen sparks.

Owain:"But of course! Let see...for a similar weapon...maybe it could be...Agneyastra!"

I immediately stopped and looked at him.

Me:"...Seriously?"

Owain:"Why not? I believe it suits it."

Oh, it suits it all right.

I made some research some time later, and you must know that in Hindu mythology the God of fire Agni possessed a weapon with that name. It made inextinguishable flames.

But I doubt Owain knew Hinduism.

And besides, that name sucks. It sucked then, and it still sucks now.

But that would have made him stop, so I didn't complain.

Me:"Fine. Happy now? My shotgun will be Agnawhatever."

Owain:"It's Agneyastra!"

Me:"Yeah, yeah..."

Severa:"Hey you!"

Not even the time to think 'finally he stopped bothering me' that Severa was coming to me with a murderous stare. There was a very embarrassed Inigo behind her.

Me:"Now what? Just give me a break."

Severa:"All right mister, now speak: what the hell are you doing!?"

Me:"...What?"

Owain:"Please, my friend, enlight us with-"

Severa:"Shut up you! I'm talking to him!"

Poor Owain just retreated and went next Inigo.

Me:"Did I miss something? I barely talked with you, why are you so mad?"

Severa:"I'm mad because I don't trust you! Lucina is my friend, and I won't let you treat her like that!"

Me:"Excuse me?"

Owain:"Uhm, treat her how?"

Inigo scratched his head with a fake laugh.

Inigo:"Well, you see, the fact is we-"

Severa:"I don't need a dandy as yourself to speak!"

Me:"Then explain yourself. What's wrong with Lucina?"

Severa:"What is wrong here is that I can see when a friend of mine just cried, and I know she talked with you!"

Owain:"Hold it, Lucina crying? I barely even see her laugh."

Inigo:"It's true, though. We both saw she was still drying her eyes."

Severa:"So what did you tell her, uh? Wanna make me cry as well?"

I just turned to the other two.

Me:"Is she always like this?"

Inigo/Owain:"Kinda."

Severa:"What!?"

Owain:"C-Calm down, we just answered."

Owain:"And you are a little...well, uhm..."

Me:"Hasty?"

Owain:"Yes, that's it!"

Severa:"J-Just what the hell are you doing!? Did you forget why we're here in the first place?"

Me:"Yes, to teach you a lesson."

Severa:"What did you say!?"

Me:"So you saw Lucina crying, and since I talked to her you thought I did something. But did you even talked to her?"

She was about to reply but she immediately stopped. Before Inigo could answer she stomped his foot.

Me:"You didn't. If you don't even know what we talked about, how can you be so sure I did something to her?"

No reply again. Actually it was getting embarrasing.

Me:"I understand you care for your friends, but this is ridiculous."

Inigo:"I tried to tell her, but-"

Severa:"Shut up!"

She turned to me again.

Severa:"Fine, I'll go talking to her, and if I don't like what she says, I'll come back."

Me:"Good idea."

She left pushing away Inigo and Owain.

Inigo:"Please, I ask you to forgive her. She's not mean, it's just sometimes she moves of instinct."

Owain:"Yup, and when she's firm of something no word will ever stop her."

Me:"Yes, I know that type of people."

I went on my way leaving them behind.

Ghost Rider:'So, what will you do?'

Me:'About what?'

Ghost Rider:'About Vengeance. After what Lucina told you, will you speak with Chrom about him? Or are you still so stubborn to keep everything for yourself?'

Me:'...I promised her I won't let him hurt Chrom, and I'm serious. But...I won't talk about him.'

Ghost Rider:'The fact you want to hide you're from an other world is understandable, but this...He's a threat for all them. If else, you should warn them.'

Me:'...Maybe you're right. Ok, but I'll warn only Chrom. It seems he's the one mostly in danger.'

Ghost Rider:'Anyway for now he won't give us problems. His goal is to destroy Walhart's army.'

Me:'I still want to know why... he's plotting for something, that's obvious. But what?'

Ghost Rider:'I can only suggest you to be careful. I have a bad feeling about this.'

Me:'Are you thinking at Plegia as well? After all, why did they help former enemies after what happened with King Gangrel?'

Ghost Rider:'And this make two enemies against our current one.'

Me:'...You think...there is a connection? But why? It has no sense.'

Ghost Rider:'I know. However, be on your guard.'

I didn't need him to know that. But I had to prepare for an hard moment.

To tell Chrom of my b*****d look alike.