Chapter 7

It's been some time after we left Sumia, and it was almost night.

Chrom:"All right, let's stop here for tonight! We'll set a camp to eat and rest!"

Lissa:"About time, I couldn't take it anymore!"

Vaike:"Ha ha ha! You'll need to work more if you want to handle it in the fights!"

She puffed her cheeks and I stared at him.

Me:"But if you can barely stand with those trembling legs."

Miriel:"It's quite fascinating you were able to hold it so far. You started panting some kilometers before."

He blushed hard and turned to us using his axe as a steak.

Vaike:"What!? That's not true! You'll need more than that to make the Teach fall down!"

I kicked his axed away and he fell on his face.

Me:"Is this enough, 'Teach'?"

He just stayed quiet while Lissa was laughing holding her stomach.

Sully:"Ah! Looks like it's you who need more training, Vaike. If you want, I can give you a hand."

He suddendly stood up and backed away.

Vaike:"T-Thanks, Sully, but I'd rather keep my training, sorry. Now I have to go, uh, for something I need to do."

He went away leaving her confused.

Sully:"Did I say something wrong?"

Me:"Nah, he's the one who's lazy."

We worked together and the camp was ready. We all gathered around a fire to eat the dinner.

Lissa:"Why do we have to eat bear again!?"

Chrom:"Unfortunately, it's the only animal we could find around."

Me:"Weird. Were there any trace of other animals?"

Virion:"As surprising as it is, that is correct. We searched carefully in any zone."

Sully:"That's weird though. In this area there should be more: rabbits, deers, coots..."

Lissa:"Then why couldn't you find any? They must be around, somewhere."

Frederick:"Maybe it's related to the appearence of the Risen. Now these lands are full of them and most of the animals, feeling the danger, are leaving."

I gave it a thought. It was possible after all.

Me:"If only we knew the origin of these so called Risen..."

Stahl:"You said they appeared from that portal in the sky?"

Chrom:"Yes, but we killed them all. How could they spread so far in such a short time?"

Frederick:"Not to mention the boy with the mask, that 'Marth'. He came from that portal with them."

Me:"But he isn't a enemy. Otherwise, why helping us to kill them? Sure we can't deny he must know something."

Frederick:"For now I suggest to be wary until we'll find out his reasons."

Chrom:"I agree. Still, that swordmanship....I can't say it for sure, but something seems familiar...but it was so fast, I couldn't see well."

Me:"Maybe you fought someone with the same style?"

Vaike:"Oh! Oh! I have a theory!"

We all turned to him.