Chapter 28

The group was happy to have me back, but I kept feeling weird since it wasn't more than a couple of hours to me.

Strangely enough, I noticed Virion was gone.

However, the travel was faster then last time.

Me:"Chrom, what happened to the Risen?"

Chrom:"Oh, they're not gone, in case you think so. They just stay at the limits of the kingdom."

Frederick:"They've been less active since the Mad King's death."

Me:"Mh. Any idea of why?"

Miriel:"We believe they were connected to either Gangrel or Aversa, who is still missing."

Me:"Figures. And what about Marth? Do you have any news of him?"

Chrom:"Unfortunately, even her seems disappeared."

Lissa:"We've searched for her, but we just didn't find her! She's very good un hiding!"

Chrom:"In the end, she stays a mistery."

Me:"A mistery...yes..."

While everybody were focused on the march, I took the chance to talk with you-know-who.

Me:'Ghost? We need to talk.'

No answer.

Me:'Don't try it. I know you heard me.'

Ghost Rider:'Just what do you want? To complain?'

Me:'Did you know of Marth's identity when you told me to pay attention?'

Ghost Rider:'We still don't have a real prove. Anyway, I had suspections.'

Me:'Then why didn't you warn me!?'

Ghost Rider:'Because you must learn by yourself. I can give you hints, but it's you who must improve. There might be one day I wouldn't be here to help you, what would you do then?'

That phrase for some reason frightened me. I wasn't sure why, I just...felt fear.

Me:'...Anyway, if we are right, and Marth is Chrom's daughter, does that mean she comes from the future?'

Ghost Rider:'That would explain her knowledge of that night, and the talk she did to us.'

Me:'But how did she do it? And if she did, does that mean the Risen also come from the future?'

Ghost Rider:'It is a possibility, yes. Besides, you did travel in time. Pheraps even in this world is possible.'

Me:'But even so, what are the Risen? Who made them? The threat that Fu warned us about?'

Ghost Rider:'The only way to know it for real, is to ask Marth.'

Me:"Good luck with that..."

We reached Regna Ferox and we went straight to Flavia, who was waiting in the throne room.

Chrom:"I apologise I could not come sooner, Flavia."

She turned to us and you could read the surprise on her face when she saw me.

Flavia:"Well, you're forgiven for bringing this splendid present. It's been a while, skully. You couldn't choose a better time to come back."

I frowned at the comment.

Me:"Is the situation so bad?"

Flavia:"I'm afraid so. The details remain hazy. Just a moment..."