Chapter 8

When we woke up, we disassamvled the camp and went to our destination.

During the walk, Fu's words were still repeating in my head.

Someone from an other world was there. And I really didn't like it.

Howerever, only then I noticed we were walking on the snow. And it was snowing.

Me:"Ah. Is the weather always like this here?"

Chrom:"Yeah. This is a very cold kingdom."

I gave a look at the trees around us, covered by snow.

Me:"Eh. Seems like a dark version of Lowee..."

Lissa:"Brrr! F-Frebberick! I'm f-f-freebing!"

Frederick:"Stand beside my horse, milady. She'll shelter you from the wind."

After some walking, we reached a massive gate, and a big wall around it.

Me:"Let me guess, this is thr fortress."

Chrom:"Yes, the Longfort. It stretches along the border of Ylisse and Regna Ferox."

Frederick:"The khans that rule Ferox have grown quite wary of foreigners. Still, don't mistake a lack of hospitality for open hostility. This simply calls a bit of diplomacy."

Me:"Do you think it would work?"

Chrom:"Negotiation's not my strong suit, but I'll do my best. Remember everyone: your actions here reflect back upon Ylisse."

That said, I can't deny I was skeptical. Things were never easy for me, I knew it, so I prepared for the worst.

And I wasn't wrong.

Me:"Guess we have company."

Vaike:"What? Where?"

Frederick:"Trouble in the wind, milord: the Feroxi Guard are mobilising."

Chrom:"What!? Why?"

Frederick:"Who can say? But they look ready to let fly at a moment's notice. We'd best prepare for combat, just to be safe."

We all stood ready while Chrom stepped ahead.

A woman with a heavy armor showed up from the wall.

???:"Halt! Who goes there!?"

Chrom:"In the name of House Ylisse, I seek audience with the khans!"

???:"Not another step, my bold lad! I've lancers at the ready!"

Before she could add something more, Frederick rushed in.

Frederick:"Hold milady! We are not your enemy! Exalt Emmeryn sent us to discuss matters of mutual interest."

???:"My only interest is keeping you out of Regna Ferox, brigand!"

It was funny to see the look in his face after being called like that.

Frederick:"B-Brigand? Now see here-"

???:"You think you're the first 'Ylissean' to try and cross our border? I have the authority to fell such impostors where they stand."

Frederick:"How dare you! You are in the presence of Prince Chrom, the exalt's own blood!"

???:"Ha! Yes, indeed, and I'm the queen of Valm! You do realise impersonating royalty is a capital offence, yes?"

Me:"All right, now this is ridiculous!"

I stepped in while the others turned to me.

Chrom:"Y/N, what are you-"