Chapter 23:New Beginning

*One month later* 

Finn's pov:

 It's been a month since Rachel and her friends have graduated and life couldn't have been any better. Immediately after graduation, Rach and I started to look for apartments. It was just our luck that Santana mentioned New York, the very place I proposed to my wonderful fiancé at. Rachel just about died at the idea and now we are moving into our new home. The gang is supposed to be coming up tomorrow and believe it or not, I'm excited to see them all again. So is Rachel, she's been working on cooking everyone's favorites for when they come over. Suddenly, there's a knock on the door. 

"Finn!? Can you get that? Im busy right now," Rachel yells from the kitchen. 

"Its okay babe, I got it," I say before going to the door, " Who is it?" I asked. 

"Open up Finnocence, I need my beauty rest!" I open the door and see Santana, Quinn, Kurt and Blaine. 

"Woah! You guys, what are you doing here? I thought you would be here tomorrow. Rachel's been cooking all day,  I don't think she's even done." I tell them as I open the door more letting them in . 

"We're sorry to impose Finn but it was Santana's idea to ditch the flight and drive up here to surprise you guys," Quinn says with Santana grinning next to her. Shaking my head I laugh at Santana's antics, " It's okay Quinn I'm sure Rachel will be happy to see you guys and to stay longer." 

"Where is the little diva?" Kurt asks looking around as Blaine hangs up everyone's coats. 

"Probably still in the kitch-" I start when Rachel comes walking in. 

"Finn? Who was-" Rachel asks before she sees everyone at the door, "Oh my god! You guys are here early. Finn, why you didn't tell me they were coming." 

"No Berry, Finnessa had no idea we were on our way, it was a surprise. Surprise!" Santana says before rushing to Rach and pulling her into a hug. Quinn and Kurt pile onto the hug too with Blaine and I looking on in amusement. When they pull apart Blaine walks up to Rachel and hugs her before Kurt whisks her away. 

"Rachel honey, how are you? How's New York? I love what you guys have done to the apartment!" Kurt quickly questions before Santana cuts in. 

"Rachie," she looks at Kurt and Quinn before continuing," we have some exciting news to share with you." I know they might want to tell Rachel alone so I decide to go into living room to watch the game. 

"Hey Blaine, want to watch a little football?" I ask him so the girls and Kurt can have some time to talk. 

"Yeah sure Finn, love to." Blaine and I walk out to the living room, the excited whispers behind us starting up. 

Kurt's pov:

"Well Kurt, Im doing great. Finn and I have just been enjoying our summer you know before school starts. New York is fantastic, even though I miss you guys, I'm glad to be able to leave Lima and my dads." 

"Well what if you didn't have to miss us anymore?" Santana slickly suggests before Quinn nudges her. 

Chuckling, Rachel looks around before turning to Santana," What do you mean? Of course I'll always miss you guys. You guys are my best friends." 

"What Santana means to say is.." I try to think of something before we tell her," now that you and Finn are engaged, have you guys thought of a family?" Quinn coughs and Santana throws her hands up and I just shrug. 

"Oh I dont know Kurt. You know us, none of this was planned. I wouldn't mind if it happened but  for now no we haven't really talked about but I'm sure Finn would be happy, unplanned or not." Rachel says. I love her and Finn's relationship so much. 

"Yeah I think he will too." I agree. We all continue talking catching up on anything we may have missed over the phone. Santana attempts to ask Rachel questions about Rachel and Finn's sex life but Rachel ignores her. We're all laughing as Santana sulks because Rachel won't share anything when I jump up. 

"Santana," Rachel giggles, " just drop it. All I will say is that we are very active okay. Besides you don't see us asking about you and Quinn's." Quinn blushes before informing Rachel that i'm standing. 

"Now that we our past finchel's private life. Rach, I just can't keep this in any longer and I'm sure Santana can't either. BLAINE! FINN." Santana pulls Quinn up excitingly as Blaine comes in with Finn. Finn walks over to Rachel and pulls her into him. 

"What is it guys? Did something happen?" Rachel asks worryingly. Blaine and I grab hands and Santana and Quinn do the same. 

" Finchel." I start," How does the sound of Quinntana and Klaine being neighbors sound?" We stand in anticipated silence waiting for a reaction. 

"No.. do you mean you guys will be living in New York?" Finn asks with a smile. 

"Yes Frankenstein! We brought the big complex in the building down the street." 

"This is amazing!" Rachel exclaims. "We will all be in the same city but wait what about school?" 

"That's the best part," Blaine speaks up," You and Santana will be attending NYADA and Kurt, Quinn and I will be attending NYU." 

"It was time to leave that cow town of Lima and join our favorite couple whom escaped the first chance they got. " Santana adds, "Plus, I just couldn't stand having to wait to see my bestest friend." 

"Um me too," I interrupt," too long without my little diva is torturous." 

"Even though its only been a month since graduation," Blaine jokingly mumbles. Quinn laughs with him before Santana shushes them. 

"Well guys I am glad to hear that you guys will be living in the city with us. Now I won't have to hear Rachel go on about missing you guys anymore," Finn says before stepping away from Rachel's slap. 

"It's okay Finn, I know how to get you back for that," Rachel smiles innocently and Finn makes a face causing us to laugh. 

"Anyways since you guys are here, I don't have to rush to finish the food. Why don't you guys stay tonight, I know you must be tired from the long drive. I'll go make the popcorn and get the drinks." Rachel says before attempting to walk out. 

"No Rachel, we will go sit, you've been working all day." I say before motioning for Blaine and Quinntana to follow. 

Rachels pov: 

Santana, Quinn, Kurt and Blaine walk into the kitchen as they try to figure out where everything is. The site is amusing and so family friendly that I can't help but smile at the scene before me. Im leaning up against the doorframe of the kitchen watching as Kurt chastises Santana for constantly flicking water at him. Quinn and Blaine are holding the drinks as the popcorn is in the microwave. Im just about to yell out what movie should we watch when I feel someone's arms wrap around me. 

"Hey babe," I say as lean back into Finn's chest. He leans his head gently on top of my head, squeezing me tighter. 

"Hey baby, its nice isn't it? Having our friends join us in this big city." I nod my head as we watch from the entranceway. 

"No I want to watch Baby Mama," Kurt yells at Santana and Quinn. 

"And we want to watch Step Brothers!" Santana screams back before crossing her arms. 

"We could watch both you know?" Blaine tries to step in between but Santana and Kurt glare at him. Finn and I just laugh quietly to ourselves. 

"Yup thats our friends Finn." I say laughing with him. A few moments of silence between us goes as continue to watch before Finn says something. 

"Are you ready?" Confused, I turn around in his arms before asking," Ready for what?"  

He smirks, pulling me even closer, "Our new beginning."