Chapter 27 - I Don't Need You Anymore

Start from the beginning

"Where does it hurt?" Ink asked worriedly as he healed all current injuries he could find.

"I'm glad you're safe."

Ink nodded as he watched the many bandages and couldn't help himself but cringe. "Who did this to you? If it was normal training I'm sure they won't go overboard."

He looked directly at the destroyer for answers and only saw a sad smile directed on him that made him suck his breath. "Error..."

"You know, I was thinking if the orb was in the Royal Treasury." Ink blinked right at him. "Usually it was located in the lower parts of the castle for safety measures. Maybe lower than the dungeon. If you made a fool out of all the staffs here then I'm sure you can do it there too."

The Guardian of Creation's face scrunched up in confusion.

"Why are you saying these stuffs?"

Error didn't answer. He only continued to smile before reaching under the covers and pulled out the other half. Ink could see the glittering night sky  and wondered if that was what the AUs looked like from afar.

He was surprise when Error grabbed his hand and rested the orb there. The destroyer manually curled Ink's fingers on it. The strange behavior threw Ink off and so snatched his hand away while still holding the core of their Multiverse.

"What's wrong with you?"

"It's no use. We can't pull off a heist in an unknown place."

"What are you talking about?! What's going on?" He stood up from his seat and gave a glare.

Their trance was broken by a knock coming the door. Blue's muffled voice announced from the other side.

"Sir, First General is waiting for your slave."

A look of pure rage crossed over Ink's face as he looked at Error. He was sure he wasn't mistaken of what he heard just there. An incredulous looked was written on his face along with his anger.

"You gave me away?!"

"There's no other choice." Error answered in a defeated tone which Ink didn't took lightly.

"What the heck?! Error! You promised we're going home together!" Ink reminded him.

"Well, I'm happy here! With or without you!" Error screamed right at his face.

I don't need you anymore.

Ink was taken aback and he slowly eased his breathing. He assessed the words thrown at him like sharpened bones. He laughed lightly and staggered in his steps. The atmosphere darkening as he struggled to understand.

"Y-you're not... you're just saying that!" Ink wouldn't believe this. "I'm not useless..."

You need me, right? I can do anything you want-

Error just gave a sigh. "I can handle everything on my own."

Why do you always decide all by yourself?

"I DON'T NEED YOU ANYMORE EITHER! I'm going home without you!"

Why does it hurt so much?

Why does he feel like crying?

BECAUSE OF THIS- THESE STUPID EMOTIONS!

"This-" He took off the sash hastily and threw it right at the destroyer. "You can have it."

I don't want them if they'll cause sadness and pain.

The emotions lingered but they'll soon be gone. They will be because whatever's he's feeling right now wasn't real. Sooner, he won't fear nor regret anything he plans to do. He looked back tearfully at Error and only saw the other looking out the window. He pocketed the other half of the orb with bitterness.