Jungkook opened his bedroom door expecting to see his brother waiting for him just outside, but sighed in relief when he wasn't. He didn't need a confrontation so early in the morning.

He didn't want to think of that today.

His father sat patiently on the kitchen table for his sons to come down to eat breakfast together, like they always did. He jolted up when he heard fast paced footsteps approaching.

Jungkook walked into the kitchen with his hands tucked away into his adidas track pants pockets. Jaesun stood up nervously as his son stopped on the other side of the kitchen counter.

"Jungkook. Why don't you sit down for some breakfast before you-" Jungkook took an apple from the fruit bowl before turning to his father. His gaze was cold and he was acting quite distant.

"I'm not hungry." Jungkook said plainly before heading to the door. Jaesun hung his head low trying to cover up the hurt he was feeling.

A few seconds later Yoongi emerged from down the hallway with his school backpack clad on his back. Jaesun quickly replaced his frown with a smile upon approaching him.

"Ah! Yoongi! Why don't you-" Yoongi grabbed an apple from the fruit bowl as well.

"I'm going to the library. I need to study for the coming exams." Yoongi spoke before walking out the door following his little brother.

"That's okay. Study hard!" Jaesun shouted after him but he wouldn't be able to hear him anyways. He had already left. The man slowly turned around to look at the fully prepped table filled with all kinds of food. He sighed lowly before packing it all up into containers and placing them in the refrigerator.

~~~

Jungkook walked down the front stairs heading to the street. The first few steps down he spent contemplating whether or not to eat the apple he grabbed a minute ago. He shook his head at his nonsensical thoughts and took a bite out of the sweet fruit.

"Jungkook!" Yoongi called out from behind him, but he simply ignored his older brother and kept his pace down the street.

"Sooner or later you're going to have to talk to me you punk!" Jungkook laughed sarcastically at his brother's attempts. Whatever he wanted to say he could keep it to himself. He didn't need the usual sympathy that he always got when something went wrong on his life. This time he needed a solution. A solution to stop- whatever game he felt he was walking through.

He had to jinx himself, didn't he? Since the very first day he had a hunch, a feeling that the two of you being together was too good to be true. Why couldn't he just....It's pointless to think like this right now because it's already too late. What's done is done. That's how the universe wanted things to play out.

If only the universe was a person, Jungkook wouldn't waste time throwing a few blows right before he begged it to change everything back to the way it was. Before he-

Jungkook ruffled his hair in frustration. He felt like he was going crazy just thinking things through, he wanted to see you, talk to you, check on how you were doing but you both needed some time alone just for a little while. Yeah. Yeah!

He threw the apple core in to the bin before reaching into his pockets and pulled out an mp3. He connected his headphone to the port and played his favourite songs. This gave him a lot of motivation to run like his very existence depended on it.