Forty Four

Playlist

⚪BTS (방탄소년단) - We are bulletproof: The Eternal
CIKI - Between(사이)
BTS (방탄소년단) - Make it right

⏪ ◾ ⏩

~~~

You couldn't sleep at all last night. Your thoughts had you awake and turning most of the night, especially when you heard your mother leave in the middle of the night. Who knows where she went? Maybe to meet up with Jungkook's father, who are you to stop her.

You cuddled Mr Fluffball close to your chest seeking a bit of comfort. Jungkook gave the little brown teddy bear to you a few years ago when he thought that the bear liked me more than him. You smiled as you reminisced the memories you two shared together, from the very first meeting.

He was very brave, and very outspoken as well even when he was just a little kid. It's honestly thanks to him that you've become a happier person because never had he once failed to make you smile.

You snapped out of your trance when you heard a faint knock on your bedroom door.

"Honey, come down. I made you breakfast." She spoke gently before backing away from the door. Your head hung low when you heard her footsteps slowly fade away.

"How am I supposed to face her now? After all the things I said to her yesterday.." You mumbled.

~~~

You and your mom sat on the dining table in silence. She stared at you from time to time but couldn't figure out the right words to say. You on the other hand dragged the food back and forth with the tip of your fork. You felt her gaze on you from time to time, and suddenly you felt small.

You placed the cream covered pastry in your mouth. "Are you enjoying your meal? I made the cream extra sweet this time." She smiled as she cut off a piece of pancake with her fork before eating it. You put down your fork before looking up to meet her gaze.

"Mom, I-"

"Hurry up and finish your food before it gets cold, okay sweetie." She continued munching on her meal, like nothing happened a few hours ago. It didn't sit right with you. Something needed to be said, something needed to be said now.

"I'm sorry for what happened last night. It wasn't very like me at all. I guess I let my emotions spiral out of control." She sighed before putting down her cutlery as well.

"But I kinda deserved it." Your mom's smile fell just for a split second before she continued. "I knew about your feelings for Jungkook, but I still fell for him. I shouldn't have gotten too close." She chuckled bitterly as she focused her gaze on the steam rising up from her cup of tea. You frowned.

"What happened? Why do you look so sad?" She finally looked up at you once again before shaking her head trying to convince you otherwise.

"It's nothing." The chair scraped backwards against re floor as your mother stood up from her seat. "I just broke up with him last night is all. I had to do it...for my daughter." She gathered up her dirty dishes, headed over to the sink and placed them inside. "I'll go and take a shower now. Clean up when you're done."

Your eyes followed her tired looking figure until she disappeared down the the hallway leaving you all alone in the kitchen.

"What have I done?"

~~~

Jungkook slipped on a pair of his white trainers planning to go on a morning. Something he never did, but, he just needed to get away from the house, even only for a short time. Yoongi had been trying to talk to him ever since the got back him last night, but he simply ignored the knocks on his door.