Twenty Five

A few minutes later your mom walked into your room and asked if you could go grocery shopping for her. Jungkook happily agreed while putting on his shoes hastily.

"And dress warm. I heard it's going to get chilly later." You nodded as she left the room. Jungkook picked out a warm jacket and held it in front of you.

You just looked at it confused before turning to look at him. "Jacket?" He nodded before making you wear it.

"Didn't you hear your mom? It's going to get cold later so I'm just being safe." Jungkook smiled before heading downstairs. Of course the puppy didn't leave your mind so you told your mom to take care of her while you were out.

It was really cold outside and you were thankful Jungkook forced you to wear the jacket. Your were both walking in comfortable silence before he decided to break it.

"So what are you going to be doing for Christmas?"

"I'm actually not really sure. Maybe watch some Christmas specials on tv."

"How about we do something together? I-I mean with the rest of the guys. It's been a long time since we've seen the gang except Yoongi of course." He rubbed the back of his neck, a tint of blush spread across his cheeks all the way to his ears.

You smiled at his nervousness. Too be honest he looked cute with the blush on his cheeks. "Sounds fun."

~~~

The store had already put up Christmas decorations around inside it. A couple of Christmas trees over there and probably empty gifts over there.

"So what are we shopping for?" Jungkook asked scanning the surroundings. Your mom actually sent you a list on your way knowing that you wouldn't know what to buy.

"Not much really so we only need a basket." You took a basket from it's rack and walked over to the meat section with Jungkook following close behind you.

"Ooh! Which one are we getting?" He licked his lips as he scanned over the endless rows. It was like a competition and he was determined to win.

"She didn't say which one exactly so just get any." He rubbed his hands in anticipation before picking one and placing it in the basket.

All this time you didn't realise that you had been staring until he flicked your forehead pulling you out of your trance. You whined until you pouted.

"Yah Jungkook! That hurt." You ran off to the other side of the store hoping you lost him. But he managed to find you.

"Y/N. I'm sorry. Please forgive me."

"Just because I forgive doesn't make the pain go away." He moved closer and kissed your forehead gently. Your eyes widened and he just smiled.

"Do you forgive me now?" Your cheeks heated up and he moved in closer. You were about to answer him when you heard a voice beside you.

"Excuse me, sir but what was that? That wasn't a kiss." You choked on air as you heard the little girl. She looked to be around...eight?

"What do you mean?" Jungkook boldly asked back until the little girl sighed in annoyance.

"It's a rule that you have to kiss. Christmas said so." Both of you could've just awkwardly laughed it off and walked away but Jungkook wanted to respond.

"U-Umm-" He was interrupted when a woman emerged from around one of the shelves.

"Ahh! Mina. I've been looking everywhere for you." "Thank you for taking care of her and I apologise if she caused you any trouble." She bowed while I just smiled at her.

"She wasn't any trouble at all. Don't worry." You simply said eyeing the little girl who stood grumpily with her arms folded.

"Well thanks again." She said before leading her child away to the check out counter. Things had gotten a little awkward between the both of you.

"Let's just finish shopping." Jungkook nodded as he took the basket from your hand and led the way.