Forty

"Waaa..the team is really good. They're definitely going to win this one." Jaesun wrapped his arm around Eunsoo's shoulders making her chuckle. She snuggled into his arms even more as they sat on the couch wrapped in a blanket.

"Of course they're going to win, Eunsoo." In-Na barked loudly at the tv making the both of them laugh even more at the dog's enthusiasm.

He walked around in circles before laying down on the carpet after finding a good spot. The game went on for some time now and your team had just made the basket that put you ahead of the other team.

Eunsoo reached over to grab the bowl of chips on the table. Jaesun grabbed some as well as he turned back to look at the game once more. She smiled as she gazed at him for a few seconds before grabbing some chips herself.

"Give her some space!" The coach's voice rang from the tv as she ran to your figure lying helplessly on the ground. Eunsoo gasped before standing up abruptly when she saw you lying on the ground in pain.

In-Na stood up as well and growled and barked at the tv at the scene.

"Oh my Y/N-" She choked on her words as tears rolled down her cheeks continuously. Jaesun immediately got off the couch when he saw she was going to fall down. He managed to catch her on time.

"J-Jaesun...my poor baby's been hurt. And I can't do a-anything about it." She sobbed into his chest as he softly rubbed her back to comfort her. In-Na whimpered as he saw your mother in tears.

"Eunsoo...." He trailed off as he spoke afraid the words he would say next wouldn't be enough to comfort her. So he decided to give her the most comfort he could and she quieted down after a while.

She wiped the remaining tears with the sleeves of her shirt before standing back up and walking to her room. He was worried now. She was unusually silent when she walked away, pretending like nothing had happened .

Without wasting any more time, he followed her to her room. She was hastily packing some clothes into an open suitcase.

"What are you doing?" Jaesun furrowed his brows as he analyzed her movements. She sighed before stopping her actions for a quick moment.

"I'm packing my stuff." She said nonchalantly before making eye contact with him. "I'm going to Seoul. I'm going to see my daughter."

He gently grabbed hold of her wrist stopping her from packing a couple more of her shirts. She tried releasing herself from his hold but this only made him tighten his grasp on her.

"Let me go." She struggled a bit more but eventually gave up as he made her sit on the edge of the bed.

"Honey, she'll be just fine. We both know that she's one strong girl." He said softly as he gently stroked her arm.

"That's what I'm scared of. What if one day she'll be too strong that it'll just scare her in to thinking that-" She had a hard time breathing now due to the tears that found their way down her cheeks. Jaesun grabbed her hand and gave it a tight squeeze hoping to give her comfort.

"She has to fake it til she makes it." She smiled up at him before wiping away her tears.

"In a way, yeah." Jaesun laughed softly trying to lighten up the mood. He gave her a tight squeeze before kissing her temple.

"But she has a wonderful group of friends that are there for her, and a coach that will come running if something happens to her. Just... don't act impulsively." She nodded a little finally admitting her defeat.

"Call her."

"What?" He stood up from her bed and walked over to the table and grabbed her phone off it before walking back to her.