Forty One

"Y/N, I have something to confess. You can hate me if you want after." Lisa bit her lip once more nervously as she turned away from you. You frowned as you placed your hand on her shoulder.

"I could never hate you." You said, giving her shoulder a soft squeeze. Your friend sighed before turning over to face you. It was now or never now. Whatever was to happen after this conversation, Lisa would accept it.

She took in a deep breathe before the words rolled off tongue. "I hated you, Y/N.." Your eyes widened slightly at your friends confession.

"W-What? Lisa, what are you talking about?" You asked hesitantly as you caught a glimpse of Lisa's glossy eyes. She sat cross legged before tucking a piece of hair behind her ear.

Lisa took a deep breathe before continuing. "Do you remember the day we first met? Where I spilled your soup all over you?" Your eyebrows furrowed when you finally realised where she was going with this.

"Yeah..but what does it have to do with anything?" Lisa couldn't take it anymore. You were being patient with her and it hurt her even more than she thought. These thoughts were frustrating her so without thinking she yelled.

"I spilled it on purpose, okay?! I did that because I didn't like you. I liked Jungkook but I guess he liked you back then as well so...i had to do it."

"Lisa-" She cut you off wanting to let everything out of her chest before she broke down in front of you.

"Just let me finish talking first. I want to get this off my chest." She sniffled as she wiped off the tear that rolled down her cheek. "I did a lot of bad things to you that I'm not proud of. I befriended you just so I could get closer to Jungkook. And.." Lisa sighed heavily before making eye contact with you.

"I also left you locked up in that classroom before we left. I don't just want to tell you about all the bad things I did to you, but i also want to apologise for each and every one of them. Y/N, I'm really sorry for hurting you the way I did. It was a really selfish thing to do. I was jealous of you and..I guess bullying you was a way to make me feel better about myself. Even though you don't have to, I hope you can forgive me." The room fell silent after that. It wasn't an awkward situation but more of a chance to gather your thoughts, to decide what you were going to say to her.

"Lisa, I already knew about all of that." You smiled softly when she stopped crying and picked her head up.

"What? How?" She asked as her heart beat slowed down it's pace. Honestly, you'd known about Lisa's doing for a few years now. How she hurt you over and over again, but you still decided to remain friends with her.

"Jungkook and I overhead you talking to your friends in the classroom." You laughed a little as your friends' face morphed into one of horror. She was confused.

"And you still chose to be friends with me? Even after finding out I wasn't who I claimed to be? Why?" She was taken aback but the tears still managed to fall from her eyes.

"I figured that it's better to give people a chance, even if they hurt you. And I have never been more right to give you that chance." You paused for a second before continuing on.

"I got stuck in that classroom. You could've left me there...but you didn't. You've become a better person." Lisa pulled you in to a tight hug making you smile. She pulled away for a few moments.

"Yeah, because I realised that the petty things I did weren't worth it. I really value our friendship, Y/N, and I will never take it for granted ever again. Thank you for being my friend." She pulled you in to a hug once again happy that you gave a chance. You smiled before returning the gesture.