Thirty Seven

Your knuckles softly pressed continuously against the wooden creamy white door. After a few moments of deafening silence, you proceeded to bang on it.

The door swung open rather abruptly startling you a little. The coach groaned as she rubbed her frizzy hair with one of her hands, a toothbrush in the other.

"It's late. What do you want?" The coach spoke in a rather irritated voice.

"Lisa's missing. No one has seen her the whole day and she won't respond any texts or calls." You turned your gaze towards the floor while tightly gripping your phone.

"Give me her phone number." You lifted your head up to face her but she had already gone back into her room, probably to grab her phone as well.

Not sure whether you were allowed to enter, you stood awkwardly by the door, rocking your feet back and forth.

She came back seconds later before handing her your phone to copy off the number. The phone was guided to her ear as she listened to the tone.

"She's not picking up mine either." She sighed before placing the device in her robe's pocket.

"Coach, I'm really worried about her.."

"I swear when I find that girl I'm going to give her punishment. I can't lose a kid under my supervision. This is something I could lose my job for." She groaned in frustration before stepping aside, giving me room to enter.

~~~

Jungkook leaned against the wall, arms folded across his chest. He looked down towards the girl that had asked to speak with him.

"What did you want to talk about?" Jungkook had chosen to break the silence since she didn't look willing. She looked up to meet his gaze before diverting it just as quick.

"How are you?" Lisa chuckled a little at her poor attempt at a conversation. What did she even want to talk about? Why did she even think that it was about the right time?

Jungkook leant away from the wall, eyebrows furrowed as he listened to her stalling.

"Where have you been, Lisa? Do you know how worried everyone is about you?" Lisa laughed bitterly at the questions that were thrown at her.

She adjusted her seated position on the stairwell so her back was against the wall.

"No one likes me so why would they even care about me?" He wanted to comfort her but he hesitated. Somehow he felt there was so much more to the story, because she approached it with the slightest bit of caution.

"That's not true." She scoffed as she proceeded to play with her fingers, still veey much nervous about finally speaking up about all the things she's done

"Well we didn't come here to talk about that now did we-well, it's about you and me...us." She decided that now was the best time to make eye contact which was held for not more than a few seconds.

"Us?" Jungkook's eyebrows furrowed even more as he made eye contact with the once missing girl. She hummed in response as she stuffed her hands into the pockets of her jacket.

"Do you remember the time when I told you that I was practicing for an audition and ummm..and told you that I liked you as a way to practice?" She softly laughed bitterly at the memory.

Jungkook decided that standing wasn't an option anymore. His muscles ached from playing a game not more than an hour ago, so he propped himself on one of the lower stairs giving her his back.