Five

Strings and banners laced the evergreen trees found in the backyard. A couple of feet away, a pony was trying to knaw at the leather leash before whimpering in defeat. There were dozens of children all crowded around the table waiting eagerly for Jungkook to blow out the candles that sat on the chocolate flavoured cake.

"Jungkook, make a wish!" My mom yelled as she held up her phone taking a video of the whole thing.

In a split second he blew them all out in one breath before everyone erupted in excitement. It was Jungkook's thirteenth birthday and you were happy that he reached this milestone in his life.

"We'll open the presents later but for now let's all take a dip in the pool." Jungkook's father said before everyone rushed to put on their bathing suits and jumping into the shallow end of the pool.

"Why aren't you getting in?" Jungkook whispered into your ear making you jump. You just realised that you were slowly inching away from the pool and ready to sneak yourself a piece of cake.

"O-Oh it's nothing. You go ahead." You stuttered as you tried convincing him that you were fine.

"Suit yourself." Jungkook jumped in right in front of you making a huge splash of water which soaked my hair and shirt.

"Jeon Jungkook!" He just snickered before heading to the other side of the pool to play around with the kids. You grumpily headed inside and to Jungkook's room to dry off and change your clothes.

Since you often had sleepovers together you kept some of your clothes at his house because everytime the both of you made a plan to spend the night you would forget your clothes.That lead to the suggestion of keeping extra clothes at his house, just for extra measure.

You opened the closet and took out your faded blue shorts and an oversized shirt putting them on.

You didn't notice that Jungkook had followed you up the stairs to apologise for what he did earlier. He opened his door slowly and caught a glimpse of you changing your shirt. His face heated up just at the image that continuously played out in his head.

Before you could see him he ran down the stairs and jumped into the pool acting like nothing happened. You on the other hand decided to head downstairs and watch tv until it was time to head home. A marathon of your favourite show, Pokèmon was on which made you excited.

After watching about three episodes you noticed everyone entering the backdoor and to the front door. Not forgetting to wave you off.

You noticed that Jungkook still didn't come in so you decided to head out to the backyard.

Jungkook was seated by the edge of the pool making small splashes with his feet. You approached him cautiously as you noticed the puddles of water around.

"Did you enjoy your party?" Jungkook raised his head slightly making brief eye contact with you. Noticing the sadness in his eyes you crouched down beside him.

"No. Because you weren't here. Sure the boys were here but I wanted you to be here." You felt awful as you heard the softness of his voice. You practically spent half of his birthday watching tv just because you didn't know how to swim..but you couldn't tell him that.

You tried thinking of something to cheer him up and smiled when something came to mind. "I think my mom brought lamb skewers. How about we go and eat?"

Jungkook wasted no time and ran inside as fast as he could making you giggle at his cuteness. As you were walking along the pool you slipped on one of the puddles of water and fell into the pool. Everything suddenly turned dark.

Jungkook saw the scene unfolding through the glass window making making his heart stop. He rushed out of the house and dove into the pool just to save you.

He managed to pull you out and laid you on the ground. He pumped your chest a few times before giving you CPR but you weren't breathing.