16.The Cursed Child

A couple weeks had passed since my first day and winter would would soon begin. My school life has gotten better as the weeks passed. People stopped whispering when I walked by and I kinda felt accepted.  But there were still some creatures who saw my existence as a nuisance but I didn't. They would just have to get over it because I'm here to stay. Sitting in Experimental Potions class, I began to daydream.

"Ms.Adams!"

I snapped back to reality. "Yes Mr.Varghese?" I said quickly.

"I said what is the Porrome Potion and what are the 3 key ingredients to making it." He asked me.

"Um, well the Porrome Potion is a potion that can heal any sickness and it's 3 key ingredients are the Revlis flower, water from the Rainbow sea and mist from the Black lake."

"Good job. Now can anyone can anyone tell me why it can never be made?" He asked the class. "Ms. Zale."

A girl with pink hair began to speak. "It can never be made because the Revlis flower is extinct."

"Exactly, creatures for centuries have used this potion to heal the sick and the injured but creatures began to depend on it for healing it for the slightest cuts. They began to take advantage of the flowers power leading to its extinction. Many scientists today state that the Revlis flower was one of the reason creatures can live longer lives than humans. Now for your project." The entire class groaned. Mr. Varghese chuckled.  "I will give each a partner and I want you and your partner to make an alternative healing potion with similar properties of the Porrome Potion. Be prepared to present it in front of the class ." Papers from his desk levitated into the air and onto each students' desk. On the paper had the directions for the project and the name of our partner.  Mine was Ethan.

"At least I knew him." I said to myself.

At the end of class I asked Mr.Varghese if Ethan and I could use the lab for our project and he said yes. I made my way outside into the courtyard,  where I found Nalia sitting on a bench and Ethan and Gem throwing snow at each other.

"Hey , Laya." She said cheerfully.

"Laya?"

"Well you gave me a nickname, so I wanted  to give you one." She said cheerfully as I sat down next to her. I gently shoved her and she did the same to me.

"Ethan." He stopped throwing snow balls at Gem and looked towards me. "After your football practice, meet me in the lab so we can work on our project." He nodded his head and continued throwing snow balls at Gem.

"Speaking of practice we should start heading to the field. Do guys wanna come." Gem asked.

"Sure." I said

"Yea." Said Nalia.

____________________

Nalia and I were sitting in the stands watching the football team practice.

"So Nalia, do you still like Gem?" I asked.

"What! You can't just..., I don't kn..., no comment." She said in a flustered tone.

I chuckled at the fact that she had no idea where her feelings lied. "You want some juice, cause I'm gonna go get some." I asked her as I arose from my seat.

"Sure." She said with her arms crossed and a pretend mad look on her face.

I went through the bleacher portals and made my way to the vending machines that were in a hallway that was the way in and out of the locker rooms. Looking for the pin number for the blood juice, I noticed someone with white hair passing by me.

"Hi Kobra." I said still looking for the pin number. Kobra and I have gotten close as weeks passed. We always hung out at night since we were so busy during the day. Since he was a senior and I was a sophomore we only saw each other in the hallways. Being around him gave me butterflies in my stomach and I couldn't look him in his eyes for more than a minute or I would blush, if black girls could blush.

He turned around and smiled as he walked over to me. "Hey. What are you doing here? Did you come to see me practice." When he came over and leaned himself against the vending machine I was using, I noticed that he was shirtless. I didn't know why but every time I see him, I got a little flustered. Especially when he was shirtess.

"No, I came with one of my friends, whose crush just happens to be on the team." I said while I retrieved the blood juices out of the machine.

"Is it me?" He took a step closer blocking me from leaving.

"You're not her type." I said looking into his beautiful silver eyes.

"Oh yea? Then what is her type?"

"Guys who wear shirts. Why is it that every time I see you, you don't have your shirt on. Even when your wearing your uniform, your shirt's open." I asked.

"Because I'm hot." I game him a skeptical look. "I'm serious. I'm always hot." He took my hand and pulled it to his chest. He felt as if he had a fever, but he didn't look sick. I could feel his heart beating and it was beating fast. I wondered if I was the reason. I gently pulled my hand out his grasp and away from his chest.

"Well at least I know you're not a lier." I walked around him and started walking back to the bleacher portals.

"Verlaya, wait." I turned around and using his vampire speed he caught up to me. "What are you doing this Saturday?" He asked.

I blinked a couple times and took in what he just said. "Um, well sleep, sleep, sleep study, and then more sleep."

"Well you think you could make time for me in between your sleeping sessions."

"I guess." I said with a smile.

"Meet me at the the portals at 7." He took my hand in his and kissed it as he looked me straight in my eyes. "Bye cutie." He ran onto the field and immediately started talking to his friends.

I went back to Nalia and gave her her juice.

"What took you so long?" She asked.

"The machine was acting up." I lied with a smile on my face.

______________________________

Instead of going to the lab after practice,  Ethan and I decided to go after dinner. We were sitting in the lab researching, when suddenly I slammed the book shut and startled Ethan.

"Ethan is this curse real or are you just afraid to talk to girls?" I asked bluntly. It irritated me that we had to communicate blinked this.

"Of course it's real. I wouldn't lie about something like that." He wrote in the air.

The words started disappearing in the air. I watched as Ethan read the book. It irritated me that he could only talk to boys. I smiled a devious smile as a plan popped into my head : try and provoke him to talk and see what would happen.

"I don't know. You probably are a lier. You probably are scared of girls. I'm surprised your not trembling in fear because of my presence. How are you gonna get a girlfriend if you can't even say a word to her. How are you gonna say 'I do' to your fiancé. How are you gonna talk to your own daughter if you can't say a wo..."

"Shut up!" He screamed. He quickly covered his mouth afterwards, scared of what would happen next.

My plan had work and I was glad. But my happiness soon turned towards darkness as I collasped onto the floor.

□□□□□□

               □□□□□□□□

                                    □□□□□□□

Is Verlaya dead? Has she been killed by her own friend? Stay tuned for the next chapter.

Thanks for reading! I hope your enjoying the book. Don't forget to vote, comment and share.