9.Class Rebel

I woke up to the sound of music playing. I slowly opened my eyes and saw Nalia curling her hair.

"Good morning sleepy head."she said with a smile. I got out of bed and headed straight to the bathroom. After I finished my morning routine, I looked at my self in the mirror and was about to put my hair in a ponytail but remembered what Nalia said.

"Nalia?"

"Yea?"

"You think you could curl my hair for me?" Nalia finished combing her hair and slowly turned to me with a freakishly big smile on her face. She got up from her seat and let me sit down.

"Since we don't have time to do it manually, we'll have to use a spell. Hmm. Twirly, swirly, make this hair curly. Ta-da! Now let's get to breakfast."

_______________________

"Why is cafeteria so empty?" I looked around the cafeteria and only couple students filled it.

"Well most people have extra early classes that are suppose to help with extra credit and help with job interviews when you leave this place."

"How long are we here for?"

Nalia put down her blood smoothie aside and actually thought about it. "Well it's like high school plus 3 years."

"Damn we're gonna be here for a while."

She chuckled. "You know it." We clinked our drinks together and started to drink again. I continued to drink mine but Nalia's drink came spurting out her mouth like a broken pipe. Luckily she wasn't stitting across from me.

"What's wrong?"

Nalia rose from her seat so fast that she almost fell. "SHIT! We're so late." She said quickly.

"I thought our class don't start till 8:00?"

Nalia took my arm and we ran out of the lunch room leaving our half eaten breakfasts.

"The clocks in our room are 1 hour late, see." She pointed to a clock in the hallway that read 8:17. "Henry's gonna kill us." We stopped running and she looked around. "You know how to use your vampire speed."

"Yea." I said slowly.

"We're only doing this cause we're late. Now keep up." Before I knew it, she was gone. I smiled knowing that we were breaking the rules. In no time I caught up to her. We soon reached a classroom. Room 4080.

"When we go inside, don't say anything. I'll do all the talking." she said almost as if she were scared. She opened the door slowly and we walked in quietly. Ms.Henry was writing on the board as snuck into our seats. But just as we were about to sit.

"Well, Well Ms. Xander. Late to class.... again. I wonder what the excuse is this time." She motioned for the both of us to the front of the class. As we slowly made our way to the front, I noticed only a group of girls we softly laughing.

"Ms.Xander why are you late?" A pale skinned women said as she stood before us. She had black hair with one red streak in the front and dark red eyes.

"The clocks in our room were..."

"Save it. I don't want to hear it. Why did you sign up for my class again?"

"I didn't, your class is a required course." she said almost as a whisper. Ms.Henry lifted Nalia's face with her pen and saw the fear in her eyes. Ms.Henry smiled.

"You already know what to say." She walked back to her desk. "Go on now."

Nalia turned to the class and started to speak. "I, Nalia Xander, am worthless creature that doesn't know how to read a clock or read at all. I make my worthless life worst by being late to class. I apologize for my lateness and existence. " Her voice cracked at the end and looked as if she were about to cry.

Ms.Henry focused her attention off of Nalia and onto me."Now I don't believe I know you. Name?"

"Verlaya Adams." When I said my name the classroom filled with whispers.

She rose from her seat and walked towards me. "The rumors are true then. In all my years, I never thought a human would step foot in my class without a cup of tea to give me." She placed her pen under my chin and turn my face towards hers. Her dark red eyes searched mine as if she were looking for something. She whispered "They should've killed you when they had a chance. You're an abomination to all creatures everywhere."

"They should've killed you for being a cold heartless bitch." I said loud so the entire class could hear me.

The entire class gasped at my remark.

"How dare yo..."

"You have no right to put down me let alone Nalia. And just because I'm part human, doesn't make me any less different than you or any of the creatures in this classroom." I walked back to my seat with Nalia following. Henry stood in front of the classroom glaring at me. She took a deep breath before returning to teaching the class.

"Now class today we're going to review basic dark summoning spells. In chapter one of your textb....."

"Thank you." Nalia whispered.

"Anytime." I said with a smile.