1.Monster Within

Let me free. You know you want to. Let the monster within you roam free. The voice in my head was taunting me and it was driving me mad.

The moon was exceedingly bright tonight. The dark night sky was illuminated by the moon light causing a certain calmness and serenity feeling to all who saw it. The day I dreaded had finally come. The night of the full moon. You might be asking, what's so bad about the full moon? To you, it's a beautiful site that fills your heart with happiness. To me, it's a wretched site that only caused pain and misery. Many may not know that the light of the moon can transform certain people into the beast of the night.

I looked up from my desk and at the moon above. I could feel the monster within me slowly forcing their way out. I tried to maintain it but I couldn't any longer. I closed my Biology Textbook and grabbed my jacket.

I opened the window of my bedroom and felt the autumn breeze hit my face. Just as I was about to jump out the window a voice called out to me.

"Verlaya?" I turned around and saw my 5 year old brother getting off of our bed, barely able to stand. I looked at my other two sisters, making sure they were still asleep. My family didn't have much money, so my brother, sisters and I all shared a room. My sisters shared a bed while my brother and I shared a bed.

"I'm going out."I said as I picked him up to put him back to bed.

"Going where?"He asked curiously wrapping his arm around my neck in the process.

"To protect you."

"Protect me from what." He said rubbing his eyes.

"A monster." I said with an eerie voice. His sleepy face started to look scared. "But don't worry. Because as long as I'm out there, nothing can get in here." I said as I tapped his nose with finger causing him to smile.

He looked sleepy so I gave him a kiss on the forehead, put him back into bed and headed for the window.

"Verlaya"

"Yea." I said said, sitting in the window frame ready to jump.

"You're the monster aren't you?"

A tiny smile appeared on my face realizing how smart Leo actually was. "Yes...yes I am." I jumped out the window and using my vampire speed, I headed to Central Park where monster within in me finally broke free as I howled to the moon above.

●●●●●●●●●●●○○○○○○○

A/N I hope you enjoyed the first chapter and I hope you continue to read the story.
Don't forget to vote, comment, and share
Just so you know Verlaya's name is pronounced like There Laya with a "V".

Enjoy the story!!