7.Welcome Home

When I arrived at the new house, a smile spreaded across my face. It was bigger than my old one but not too big either. It was located in NymphTale Forest in the Dimension Gloovę.

I opened the door and smelled cookies being baked. When I found the kitchen, I approached Nora quietly and poked her. She screamed and turned around quickly.

"Verlaya, you scared me."she said. All I could to was laugh.

"Your face. Oh god I can't breath." I said laughing.

She took a rag and started playfully hitting me with it. When she stopped, she returned to stirring the batter.

"So, can I have a cookie now." She made a motion with her hand and the bowl of cookies floated to me. "I thought we weren't suppose to use magic in the house."I said with a smirk on my face.

"Well we now live in a place where it's normal to use magic."

I looked around and noticed it was quite. "Where's the kids? "

"They're with one of my friends, helping her make spider silk dresses. I don't think I've ever heard the house so quite." I started to cough from choking on the cookie.

"Ver are you ok?"She said running over to me.

"I'm fine I'm just shocked that you have a friend." She sat down next to me and started eating cookies with me.

"Please. I've known these women for years."

"Wait, you have more than one friend. Damn."

She chuckled softly. "Thank god the council chose a place where nymphs live."

I was reluctant to ask, but I couldn't help myself. "Nora are you mad that I got caught."

She placed both hands on either side of my face and looked into my eyes. "How could I be mad. This is where you belong. It was destined to happen."she said.

"If I belong here, why didn't you tell me this place even existed." I shook my face out of her grasp. She turned her face away from me and sighed.

"Your fatherdidn't want you to know about this place. I don't know why but there must've been a good reason." Nora must've seen the sadness in my face because she arose from her seat and gave me a hug. Anytime we talked about dad, I would get a little emotional. "Baby girl he is a star in the sky and the reason you shine so bright. He is the...."

"spotlight that shines down me."I said finishing her sentence. She gave me a big smile and kissed me on the forehead. "Do you think he's alive?"

" I don't know but he'll find you. Now go. Your stuff is already in your room so go get what you need."

"I have my own room?" I said in astonishment.

"Well no, you share it with Xandri. It's the first door on the right" I gave her a kiss on the cheek and ran up stairs as quickly as I could. I opened the door and saw two beds. I already knew which one was mine because Xandri's bed had pink sheets and she LOVED pink. Mine had white and black sheets. I sat down on my bed and looked around the room. The walls were bare but knew when school was over Xandri would decorate it. I looked in my closet and got all the clothes I wanted to bring back to school with me . Just as I was about to leave, I saw a picture of dad, my sisters, my brother and I on my sister's bedside table. I picked it up and all I could think about was how great our lives were. I put it in the bag and held back tears.

I walked down the steps and saw that Nora was still baking. "Why are you baking so much."I asked curiously.

"I work in one of friend's bakeries but I do the baking here. Oh and before you leave, here." She ran over to me and handed me a wallet.