15.One With The Moon

Walking up the steps, I could see the 10th floor in the distance. Taking my last step, I looked up to find a door almost ten feet tall whose beauty was breathtaking. I tried to find the door knob, but there didn't seem to be one.

"What the hell? What type of door doesn't have a knob." I said to myself. I leaned my back on the door in frustration. In a few seconds later, the door magically opened causing me to fall on my butt in the process. I arose from the ground and inspected the door attempting to figure out how the door had opened.

Failing to find out, I walked into the room. The beauty of the room left me breathless. On one side of the room there was a huge pool with a mermaid statue spouting water into the pool with a huge window directly above it, allowing the moon to shine on the water . On the other side there was a door that led to a balcony. I opened the door to the balcony. Looking over the edge, and saw that the balcony was right above the ocean.

Pressing a seashell shaped button the front fence of the balcony disappeared. It was probably made for mermaids to jump into the sea. I walked back into room. The walls were covered in seashells and some sort of writing. I took a closer look.

"Mermaid sanctuary." I read. That was odd. I've never seen this writing before, but for some odd reason I could read it. I disregarded it and made my way to the pool. It smelled like the sea. I wondered if I was suppose to swim in it. I stripped down to my underwear and bra and made my way into the pool. Was something suppose to happen? I sat there for a couple of minutes but nothing happened.

I was about to get out when a voice spoke to me.

"Sing the song. Song the sing." A voice said.

"Sing what song?" I asked as I was looking around for where the voice came from.

"Sing song. Song sing. Wall song. Song wall." the voice said.

"Wall song?" I said. I looked at the wall behind the mermaid statue. It was filled with the writing from before. I took a deep breath, closed my eyes and started to sing.

"Loclam Hajia Evice

Sirpe ngier kloca

Gloei becia

Loclam Hajia Evice

Sirpe ngier kloca

Gloei becia"

I opened my eyes, and a smile instantly appeared on my face. I did it. I actually have a tail. It was light blue and dark blue ombre. I splashed my beautifully new tail in the water causing me to accidentally slip into the pool. While in the water, I quickly learned to use my tail to swim. A few minutes later, I swam back up to the surfaced. I climbed out of the pool and onto the ledge, as I squeezed the water out of my hair. While doing so, I heard something.

"Who's there!" I screamed. I made a spell ball in both of my hands and through them in the direction I heard the sound. Someone came out from behind a statue and stopped my spells. It was a boy. He had pale skin and blonde almost white hair with strands of red streaks in the front.

"Kobra?"

"Sorry I scared you. I didn't think anyone was in here until I heard you singing. You have a beautiful voice by the way." He said.

"Thanks." I soon realized that I was standing there half naked, in front of a boy. I snapped my fingers and my clothes instantly appeared on me.

"You're the human girl Verlaya aren't you?" He asked as he walked over the pool as he took off his shirt. His body was beautiful. It was obvious that he worked out. I couldn't take my eyes off of him.

"If you mean part human then yes." I said defensively.

He chuckled. "Yea that. So, what's with the glowing?" He jumped into the pool and came back up. He swooped his hair out of his face and swam over to where I was standing.

Wait I was glowing. I looked at my reflection in the water and he was right. It was as if they were glowing tattoos. Had some lines under my eyes and some swirls on both of my arms leading to my hands. I closed my eyes and when I opened them, they were gone.

"Cool trick. I've never seen someone do a full body glow before." He said as he came out of the pool. I tried my best not to look at his body.

"You're not a mermaid, so why are you here." Like a natural instinct all creatures could tell if a hybrid was the same as them.

"I come here to relax. When ever I see the Sanctuary door open and no mermaids here, I just sneak in." He stepped closer to me and leaned over to my ear. "You're not gonna tell anyone that I'm here, right?" He whispered. His breath against my skin sent chills all over my body. My heart started to beat faster. I looked up at his face and into his piercing silver eyes.

"No. I don't need another creature hating me." I jumped off the ledge and walked towards the door.

"I don't hate you. You're not as bad as everyone says you are."

"Well thanks." I said with a smile.

"Bye cutie." He said as I left through the door.

I walked back to my dorm with a smile on my face and thinking about him.