6.Human Death, Human Life

"Ta-da, and thats Parasova." Nalia had just finished showing me around the school and it was huge. It took her almost 2 hours to show me around. We entered the cafeteria and sat down where Ethan and Gem were sitting and arguing.

"Nah I'm deadass.", Gem said.

"Gem, I still don't believe your ass." Ethan said stubbornly.

Nalia and I were so into their conversation, that we just watched them argue. "Bitch he gave me the ball in my hand, smiled, winked and then walked away.", Gem says.

Nalia held her hand to her mouth, holding in laughter.

"The day Burscee becomes gay is the day is the day I jump into the K.T River." Ethan proclaimed.

"They always argue like this. But for some reason it always entertaining."said a voice in my head. I looked Nalia, but she was puting on lipstick and Ethan and Gem were still arguing.

"Verlaya! Do you hear me?"

There it was again. It sounded like Nalia's voice. I looked at her again but she was still putting on lipstick. "So you do hear me."

"Nalia how are you doing that?" I said curiously.

She gave me a funny look. "Doing what?".

"The talking in my mind thing."

"You really don't know anything about yourself do you.", she said.

"Not really."

She sighed and then gave me a smile. "Werewolves can use telekinesis to talk to other werewolves. So like if you wanna talk shit about someone to let's say me, and they're right in front of you, you can without them knowing."

"You mean like this?"

"Perfect."she smiled

"NALIA! Tell Ethan that Burscee's gay. You were there and you saw it."

"Yea,yea yea he's gay." Nalia said not paying attention.

Nalia had already taught me how to get food. There were machines built into the tables, with food selections that you could choose from. They also had machines like this set up like vending machine. I chose an A positive blood smoothie. I looked up and saw that I was being stared at.

"Did I do something wrong?" I asked.

"You do know what type of blood your drinking don't you?" Gem said.

"Gem, I think I know what I'm drinking."

Nalia passed her cup to me. "Taste this." I tasted the blood and it tasted less sweet.

"What is this?" I asked before I took another sip.

"Sweetie, its animal blood."

"And you're telling me this because?"

"Well don't you think its a little weird that you drink the blood of your own kind?" She was right. I had always felt bad that I to kill humans to get blood.

"I thought vampires could only drink human blood."I said.

"Blood is blood regardless."Nalia proclaimed.

We were startled by a scream. The entire room went quiet and all that filled it was the voice of a girl.

"OMG. THIS IS A NEW DRESS THAT COSTS MORE THAN ANYTHING YOU'VE EVER OWNED IN YOUR LIFE!" A girl with beige skin and dirty blonde screamed at the girl kneeling in front of her.

"My lady, I..I'm so sorry I will clean it for you."A girl with disheveled clothing said. Just as the she grabbed a napkin, the girl screaming at her slapped her as hard as she could resulting her to fall on the ground. The screaming girl grabbed the young girl's hair and whispered something in her ear. The young girl quickly walked out the room looking as if she were holding back tears.

"What the hell was that" I said as I sipped on Nalia's smoothie.

"That was Roxy and her rath. And another one of her outbursts." Gem sounded sad as he said it.

"What's with the long face?" I asked.

No one said anything until Nalia broke the silence. "Roxy's gonna have that human girl killed. And this isn't the first time this has happened. This is like the 5th or 4th time and its only October ."

"Its actually the 5th",Gem said.

"Wait that girl was human?" I said in disbelief.

"A human slave actually." Nalia said in a whisper. I could feel my blood boiling as Nalia finished her sentence.

"Verlaya let us explain."Gem was obviously trying to calm me down but all I could feel was anger.

"Explain? What the hell is there to explain? You guys obviously find it alright to keep humans, who aren't as strong as you, as slaves. I may not like humans, but it's still wrong." I was about to get up and leave, but Nalia said something that caught my attention.

"Why do you think we were trying to get you to drink animal blood?" I didn't respond. "Because we don't belive in harming or enslaving humans. Believe or not a lot of creatures in Dimensia don't like it."

"Then why doesn't anyone stop it?"

"Since The Council and President Ruba are both Pro-slave, no one can do anything to stop it.", Gem said. "On top of that, slaves aren't even allowed in the school but since her dad's the president, she and her friends do what ever the hell they want."

I looked at the clock on the wall and realized I was late. "Um, guys. I have to go."

"Go where?", said Nalia.

"I have to go unpack my stuff at my new house." I said goodbye to everyone and was on my way to the portal docks.

All I could think about was that slave girl. She didn't deserve to be treated like that, let alone die. If I had the chance, I would free all of them.