14.Unbelievable Powers

"Um, Mrs.Sage? I don't take Military Training."

Roxy and I were walking with Mrs.Sage to her classroom. We walked through the school and down into the basement. I was a little confused on why she was taking me to her class.

"I know. It's my club that takes place at night." She said.

"Then why are you taking me to your club?"

"You'll see." She smirked.

We had reached a door about 13 feet tall. Engraved in the door look to be military symbols and patches. Mrs.Sage opened the door and inside students were already training and going over techniques. I followed Mrs. Sage up some steps that led to her desk on a balcony. I looked over the balcony and observered what everyone was doing.

I saw Nalia taking on Gem and Ethan at the same time and she was doing a pretty good job at it. Roxy was teaching one her friends a spell that allowed her to levitate.

"What is all this?"I asked.

"This is my class of elite fighters. I picked all of them from hand. I train them military fighting techniques and they use it to either easily go up the ranks if they were to join The Legions or to their own use. I brought you here to see what you can do. With all these rumors swirling around, I'm kinda curious."

She led me back downstairs and called over all the students. "I want all of you to pay very close attention to what's about to happen. Look very closely at the footwork, the spells and the stances. Verlaya, Roxy on the mat." Said Ms.Sage.

"It's Roxileania."

"I can call you what ever I want, now get on the damn matt."

I walked over to the huge mat in the middle of the room with Roxy following. As I walked I tied my long black hair in a messy bun. As soon as we stepped on the mat, it glowed.

"Why did it glow?" I asked Nalia telepathically.

"It's a spell. Once two opponents step on it no one can get out or interfere except Sage. I hope you know what your doing. Roxy's undefeated!"

"Just watch." I looked at Nalia and her face was filled with concern. Why is she so worried. She can't be that good.

"First person to shed blood, loses. Now begin. "Mrs.Sage shouted.

As soon as she finished her sentence, my body was thrown to the floor. Opening my eyes, I saw Roxy laughing on the other side of the matt.

"This is going to be to easy." Roxy laughed. She waved her hands in arms in circular motions and sent a mini water tornado towards my direction. I rose from the floor and walked straight into it. Everyone gasped.

"Disporo." I whispered causing the tornado to stop and the water to fell around me. Roxy's face was shocked at what I had just done. I smiled. "Arago." I screamed. My spell sent her flying straight into the air, hitting the ceiling and falling back down onto her face.

"Roxy I know you're not gonna let a human do that to you." One of her friends shouted.

Most of the students in room were shouting for Roxy to get up. She slowly got back up and cracked her necked. Roxy came charging at me. When she came close enough to me, I held on to her wrists. Even though I had a tight grip on her wrists, she still tried to throw a spell at me. But instead of making contact with me, the spells hit the walls.

Roxy kicked me in the knee causing me to fall and casted a lightning spell at me. I didn't have time to think a counter spell, so I did the one thing I could think of. I opened my mouth, allowing the lighting to enter. I held it there for a few seconds before opening my mouth in the direction of Roxy.

She dodge my attack. I could tell that she was getting tired. Her breathing increased and she was out of breath. This was my chance to end this fight. Just as I was about to cast my spell, using her vampire speed she appeared before me, throwing a punch at my face. I stumbled back. Before I could react she tried to throw another punch at me. We fought hand to hand combat for a minute or two.

I had Roxy on her stomach on the floor. I sat on her back and held her down. I made a fire knife with my hand to cut her arm. She started to shake me off and I accidentally loosened my grip causing her to escape. As I was getting up, I felt something cold hit my face. Soon the mat glowed once again.

"I won!" Roxy shouted.

I touch my face where the piece of ice had made contact with my skin. Removing my hand, blood covered the tips of my fingers.

Roxy's friends ran over and surrounded her telling her 'what a great job she did' and 'how I got what I deserve'. Nalia, Gem and Ethan walked over to me.

"Verlaya you did a great job." Gem said with smile.

"Yea. That was unlike anything I ever seen. Like you ate the lighting and spat it back at her." Nalia said while shaking my shoulders.

I shrugged her hands off my shoulders. "Yea but I still lost."

"Laya no one's been on that mat with Roxy for over a minute. You were fighting her for twenty minutes and I think that makes you the real winner." Nalia said.

"She's right you know." Mrs.Sage interrupted. "I've never seen anyone eat lightning before. To be honest I think that would be considered as suicide." She chuckled.

We all laughed a little. "Now you're good but there's room for improvements."

"So you're saying that I'm in?"

She took at patch out of her jacket pocket and placed it in my hand. It had a picture of dragon and fire surrounding it. I guess that was my answer.

_____________________

On our way back to our dorm Gem, Nalia, Ethan and I were having a snow ball fight, with the snow we made, in the hallway to celebrate, girls vs boys. We tried to be as quiet as possible but we all couldn't stop laughing.

"Ok, ok. We yield." Nalia laughed putting her hands up.

"Told you we would win."Gem mocked.

"Shut up." Nalia said as she playfully smacked him. Gem picked her up, placed her over his shoulder and swung her around.

"Gem stop!" Nalia laughed.

Walking by a large window I looked at the moon above. The luminous light from the moon transformed the blackness of the sky into a blueish purpleish wonderland filled with stars. Taking the time to admire the moon, reminded me of something.

"Um, guys I'll meet you back at the dorm." I said still focusing my attention to the moon.

"Why?" Nalia asked still on Gem's shoulder.

"I have to take care of something." I said.

"Aight." Gem said.

As we departed ways, I could here their voices getting lower as I walked. I made my way up to the 10th floor to find the mermaid within.

●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○

Hi everyone! I hope you're enjoying the book so far. It means the world to me that you read my. If you have any questions don't be afraid to ask.Don't forget to vote. Happy Reading :)

○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●