| 47 |

(Unedited)

///

"Hello, my name is Sung jaehyun. Nice to meet you."

The class just stared back, seemingly uninterested in the new student. Well, that wasn't the total truth. Bora didn't fail in hearing the girls near her giggle while looking at the new kid. She found it ironic. If the male students only knew his true identity, they would probably be fanboying right now. But that's beside the point. The real issue was that he was standing in front of her in a school uniform and that could only mean one thing.

"I'm going to kill him," Bora gritted her teeth, still gripping the broken pencil within her palm.

After his introduction, the teacher proceeded to give a small clap, causing him to break eye contact with her.

"Welcome! I hope you enjoy our school," she grinned before scanning the room. Bora immediately avoided eye contact, knowing what the teacher was looking for.

Not me. Not me. Not me.

"Ah! Perfect," the teacher smiled even bigger when spotting Bora. "Why don't you go sit next to Bora, Jaehyun," she patted him on the shoulder, encouraging him to walk forward. And once he had settled down in his seat, the teacher continued to speak.

"Bora was a transfer student as well so hopefully she could help ease your transition here," she smiled kindly, seemingly pleased with her decision.

Shortly after, the teacher resumed her lesson, signaling all her students to open their notebooks.

Bora didn't bother paying attention, choosing to glare at the male next to her.

"How's my sister doing?" Sungjae whispered, tilting his head to send a smirk her way.

"Just wait until we get out of here. I'm about to beat your ass," she hissed, already preparing to send a punch his way.

"Is that how you should be speaking to your loveable brother. To your partner in crime?" he placed his hand over his heart, feigning hurt.

She couldn't help but crack a smile. "You're crazy."

"I've heard worse," he smiles before taking out his notebook. "I guess I'm going to have to get used to this again, huh?" He shook his head in disbelief.

"Better get used to writing," she joked. "Now you know how I felt when I had to go back to school," Bora rolled her eyes before re-focusing on the lesson, unaware that a pair of eyes across the room had caught her interaction with the new kid.

///

"There is still a couple of minutes left before the period ends," the teacher stood in front of their desks after walking around the room. "Why don't you give Jaehyun a tour of the school before his next class, Bora?"

"Will that be okay?" Bora raised a brow.

"Of course! I already received your work for next week, you're ahead. And I sent Jaehyun the work as well since you'll both be missing next week," the teacher whispered the last part, glancing between the two of them.

Bora's eyes widened the slightest bit before nodding her head, feeling a bit more assured. The teacher knew who he was.

"Okay," she nodded before packing up her things. "See you tomorrow," she bowed quietly before motioning Sungjae to follow her, not caring that the whole class seemed way more interested in what she was doing than their work. The teacher seemed to notice this and faked a cough.

"Why aren't you guys working?"

Turning back, she gave an awkward smile to the teacher before closing the door.