| 65 |

I APOLOGIZE FOR THE TRASHY UNEDITED UPDATE

///

D-2

6:05 PM

Bora sighed when she realized she'd forgotten the fact that she had left her clearance card at home. She hadn't expected to come to the building so there was no need for her to pack it this morning.

"Miss?" Bora muttered as she made her way toward the main desk.

The secretary smiled in greeting, her eyes looking at the athlete in front of her. "How can I be of help?"

"I came to pick up some things for my dad. He said some important documents should have been delivered to his office."

"Oh, yes," the lady nodded her head in acknowledgment. "Deliveries were finished today."

"Yeah, but I forgot my clearance card. May-"

"Of course," the lady grinned, already knowing what she wanted. "I'll print a temporary one."

Bora nodded her head as her phone dinged, notifying her of an incoming message.

The papers would be in a large brown envelope—Dad.

Shoving her phone in her back pocket, she looked up just in time to see the women rip out a piece of paper from the machine. "Here you go."

"Thank you," she muttered, grabbing the paper and scanning it against the monitor. Once she heard the clicking of the door, she pushed against it and made her way in.

6:10 PM

Yugyeom sat on his chair, legs perched up on his desk as he leaned his head back, a cigarette between his fingers. If everything went well he would have done his job in returning the favor toward an old friend. This growing weight would lift off his shoulders and everything would go back to its place. He would have gotten rid of the annoying tick that was named Minjae and it would have been so worth it.

Though among those thoughts, one kept resurfacing at the forefront of his thoughts.

She'll be alright, right?

He wasn't planning on presenting himself to her again. It would be better if it were that way because he knew if she was found to be tied with him, it'd be terrible for her career. Yugyeom was fine with just watching from a distance. He'd already done it for these past few years. Besides, part of him was sure she would have forgotten him by now. Why bother reopening the past? It was better for it to stay there.

Yugyeom was already preparing to end the day with a quick check-in of the underground rings. The fights could get out of hand sometimes and his appearance alone was quick enough to end whatever conflict had broken out.

He didn't even get the chance to put out his cigar before BamBam burst into the room with a phone in hand.

"What is—"

BamBam didn't waste time, choosing to shove the device against his ear, letting the man on the other end speak for himself.

"Hello—"

"I need your men to gather at the UFC building and wait in the back sector of the building. The back alleyways and empty streets need to be guarded—"

That's when he felt something drop in his stomach.

"What—"

"Now goddammit!" Jungkook yelled and Yugyeom could tell his voice was growing labored. He was running.