| 64 |

(unedited)

///

Final Match: D-4

3 pm

"You're kidding," Bora felt saddened by her brother's sudden confession.

"I slowly had to come to terms with it myself before choosing to tell anyone, especially you," Taehyung muttered, playing with his empty coffee cup in an attempt to calm his nerves. "My father is insistent," was all he added.

"I see," Bora whispers, suddenly very aware of the issue that she too, had failed to acknowledge until Taehyung had brought it up. Despite the great year, she had experienced in her home country, she had forgotten one thing.

This was all just a visit.

Sungjae seemed to have forgotten that as well, enjoying the happiness of spending his time with his significant other. There was no doubt that they were both happy being back, even their father seemed to revel in being among old friends and colleagues, but there had been no mention of changing their original plans.

"Where will you be studying?" She dared ask as she cleared her throat.

"Somewhere in the U.S," Taehyung muttered. "Father is still deciding on which school to send me to."

"And what are the places?" Bora paused. "What are your options?"

"New York is the obvious contender, but California is closer-"

"Cali," Bora spoke, bringing her hands to intertwine with his. "Choose Cali," she smiled. "My dad's training school is there, as well as most of our UFC matches. Both Sungjae and I will always be around so you won't have to feel completely alone. And I know we've recently discovered our unique circumstance but I'd like to keep you in my life from now on-"

She didn't even get to finish her sentence before Taehyung had stood up and embraced her with a hug. "You have no idea how glad I am that you've said that."

"If I'm not mistaken, you said you wanted to get to know me better and I'm holding you up to that promise," Bora responded, tightening her grip as they both grinned at the other's cheekiness.

///

4 pm

"I'm stressed," Jimin bit his lip as he paced back and forth in Taehyung's living room while Yoongi rolled his eyes at the exasperated man.

"And why is that?" Yoongi raised a brow, sitting up from the coach. Sure Taehyung's sudden confession from last night had left the group a little shocked, but it was clear that part of Taehyung had accepted his father's decision so they had no right to protest the inevitable. And while Yoongi understood that Taehyung wanted to go alone when telling Bora, he didn't understand why Jimin would be so nervous. From his perspective, Bora would be the one to understand his situation better than anyone. Just like she had kept a secret, she'd understand why Taehyung did as well.

"Taehyung must be a wreck. They've just realized that they're family and now they'll have to separate-"

"What do you mean separate? I'd think they'd be closer than before," Yoongi eyed him weirdly.

"What?" Jimin gave him a bewildered look. "Why would-"

"If I recall correctly, Bora had been staying abroad most of her life and only came back because this year's UFC season was in Korea. I just assumed she'd be going back after all of this was done."

"I haven't realized," Jimin whispered, taking a seat next to him.

"You really aren't that observant," Yoongi smirked.