| 63 |

(unedited)

///

To say that she wasn't confused would be a severe understatement. Everything had gone as planned the other day. Just as was agreed to, Jungkook had taken her to a cafe near the school. Jungkook had ordered the matcha tea he had been wanting to try out while she tried the red bean bun that he had recommended. It seemed fine but Bora couldn't rub off the feeling that it was much more than that.

Well at least for her, it felt that way.

To be very frank, it felt like a date, and Bora scolded herself for even thinking that way. Given how casual Jungkook has been with it, it appeared to be that he hadn't thought of it that way at all.

"Don't be an idiot," Bora mumbled to herself as she crossed the street.

It's not like I totally didn't get flustered at the fact that he insisted on cutting every single piece of cake that we tried...

Working on the project right after didn't help the situation. This sudden change in having to spend more time with him since their break felt both awkward and in some way seemed like nothing had really changed. They were obviously not as touchy as before (well they weren't the PDA type before anyway), but their usual banter (for lack of a better word) was the same. They used their inside jokes and weren't afraid of poking fun at each other. The fact that she couldn't exactly label what they were made her somewhat anxious.

Bora tried shaking off the thought, increasing her pace as she walked towards her destination, somewhat nervous about having to see him again.

Catching sight of the sign that read Mission Escape, her fingers grasped on the door handle before entering the place and hoping that everything turned out okay.

///

"Are these your men?" Haneul muttered to the man for confirmation, slowly pacing from side to side to observe the people in front of her.

"Yes," the man muttered, unsure of what else to say.

These men seem like a good batch, Haneul thought as she made eye contact with a tall man with several neck tattoos that traveled down his arms. "You," she pointed, catching his attention as he stood straighter and nodded his head. "You're not new, right?"

"Right," he spoke, looking straight ahead.

"How long have you worked here for?"

"7-8 years, give or take," he answered.

"One of the best?" She turned to the man, who she had met a few days ago, waiting for his response.

The man nodded. "He's experienced. Minjae trusts him to handle most of the high-risk work."

"If that's the case, then why didn't he choose him from the get-go," Haneul scoffed. "He didn't take this as seriously as he should have. If he had, we wouldn't be in this darned situation."

"I'm choosing him," she nudged toward the guy's direction.

"Anyone else?"

"The guy with the scar across his eye," she whispered, "Is he any good?"

"Typically specializes in hacking databases or security systems."

"Hmm," she nodded once more, making her decision.

"Are those two on the left brothers?" She glanced at two men who had very similar features. From what Haneul could see, the only difference was their lip shape.

"Yes. They've only been with us for a year."

"Specialties?"

"Same as the first guy."