| 66 |

"THIS JUST IN. SEOUL HOSPITAL HAS REPORTED YOOK BORA HAS BEEN ADMITTED TO THEIR PRIVATE WARD. CURRENT HEALTH STATUS IS UNKNOWN. TWO SUSPECTS NEAR THE AREA WERE DETAINED. WE'LL HAVE MORE TO REPORT LATE TONIGHT—"

Sungjae clenched his teeth, throwing the remote right at the TV in anger and cracking the screen right down the middle. He'd been arguing with his management team to keep this under wraps but seeing the various channels already talking about it made it clear they hadn't done a good job.

It's only when getting off the phone that he realized the three other men were still in the same room as him.

Shortly after Bora had passed out from exhaustion, the ride to the hospital had been mostly quiet. Jungkook noted that Sungjae had acknowledged his presence with a short nod and an "I guess you know?" He had nodded in response, but the weirdest part to him was at the fact that Sungjae hadn't said anything about Yugyeom and BamBam's presence. He just nodded and let them come in.

It wasn't a far-fetched idea that they might know each other but Jungkook had seen Yugyeom's surprised face so that may not have been the exact cause. However, he still failed to understand how Taehyung tied into all of this. His trail of thought was interrupted when Sungjae had finally spoken up.

"How long have you been keeping tabs on us?" His eyes were trained on Yugyeom and BamBam.

Yugyeom kept a calm face. "I'm sure you're aware of the person wanting to find her after their... separation." He worded it carefully, unsure if Bora, Taehyung, or Sungjae had told anyone yet.

"I'm aware of that," Sungjae muttered. "I'm talking about why you've continued to do so."

When it was clear that he wasn't going to say anything, Sungjae continued. "I spotted you a few weeks ago at school. It was when I called after her. We were running back toward the car and I happened to look back and I saw you. She must have been going after you," he mumbles. His eyes were carefully trained on Yugyeom, studying his expression.

Jungkook observed the interaction with a raised brow, well beyond being confused at what was occurring.

"It—"

"She mentioned you awhile back—more like alluded to," Sungjae corrected himself. "When the Leon Edwards scandal broke out, we were seeking out information and she thought of asking you. Though due to obvious concerns," he emphasized, "we left the conversation at that."

"You—" Jungkook couldn't get another word in. BamBam had gently pulled him back by the wrist, shaking his head in warning.

"Not now," he whispered.

"I know your name," Sungjae muttered, "and I'm assuming he's BamBam." He nudged his chin toward the mentioned man.

"She did? Yugyeom asked, building up the courage to do so.

"She did," Sungjae confirms. "She never forgot. My sister said you were both there for her when she was younger."

Cracking the smallest of smiles, Yugyeom tilts his head downwards, staring at the floor. That small reveal was enough for him. "Then our work here is done," he spoke. Giving BamBam a small nod, both men begin to walk toward the door.

"Is that it? Sungjae calls out. "Don't you wish to stay?"

Jungkook turns his head to stare at his friend, hoping to get answers.

"Yes," Yugyeom confesses, "but I think we should hold out for better circumstances." Just before leaving through the door, he turns to Jungkook, who is still staring at him. "I would fill you in but I'm guessing you'd rather stay until she wakes up, right?"