I Missed You

Heiji... The feelings that she had her whole life and that disappeared in one short second, returned all in one.  She relised she still loved him as much as ever. Even after she had forgotten everything, that feeling that she couldn't interpret was there all the time. Desperately and without knowing what to do now, she clasped her knees while her arms trembled and the raindrops ran cold over her body.

With wobbly knees she supported herself up and leaned against the climbing wall. She was now sure to go to him. She wished for nothing more than that. With a quick move she came from behind the climbing wall and stared at Heiji who was just sitting in the mud with his head down.

She stood there for a long time and just looked at him. Because of the noise of the rain, he hadn't noticed her and didn't know that she was only a few meters in front of him. He blamed himself so much and was afraid that she was now gone for ever. 

She thought of the pain he had been though the whole time and even if she could not help it, she felt guilty for breaking him like that. 

"I...  I'm sorry darling." she whimpered shakily. Slowly the man looked up to make sure he wasn't imagining it. 
"Kazuha?  You were here all the time?" he said softly and she looked slightly ashamed.  New tears welled up in her eyes but were hidden by the rain.

"Heiji, I've missed you! " she said with all the feelings she had built up and looked him in the eyes again. He, in turn, had not turned his eyes away since he had seen her.

"Missed?" he repeated quietly, rather to himself to let the words go through his mind. She slowly approached him and stopped right in front of him while he was still kneeling on the ground. Suddenly she went down on her knees and hugged him. He flinched as he felt her hug but also held her tight, as if he would never let go again.

So there they both sat, in the middle of the night, in the mud on a playground, while the rain continued to fall down on them.

Her body began to shake slightly and unrythmically in his arms and he loosened his grip so that she could look at him lovingly with tears in her eyes.

For a second it felt like nothing even mattered after all. As if she wanted to bring back the feeling of the past, she grabbed him by the collar and kissed him. Heiji hadn't expected this because until recently she was so distant, but he responded lovingly. He was happy that for a short moment it was like 7 years ago, even if it wouldn't be the same ever again.