Revenge

special chapter
Here you learn what
actually happened in the past. 
It was 7 years ago.

----------

"What do you want from me?! Let me go!" screamed a woman with a braid and emerald-green eyes hysterically, tied up on the floor. She fidgeted like wild but couldn't in any way free herself from the clutches of the thick ropes with which the man standing opposite her had previously tied her to a heater. Both were in a darkened and sealed room. The wooden floor was already old, dirty and crunched every time under the heavy steps of the men who walked back and forth in front of her, at a slow pace. The room was lightening up just by the faint light, which could penetrate through the grooves of the closed roulades. There was no furniture there. Only a rusted heating system and partially sloping wallpaper could be seen.

"What I want from you, you ask?" the man almost whispered, and grinned at her, "I don't want anything from you... Maybe I wanted something from you before, but that time is already over." he now responds louder. The woman looked at him with confusion. For her, the situation she was in was more than confusing. She had severe headaches and couldn't imagine how she came here. All she knew was that she went to a doctor beforehand, who sent her news that she had to send to her husband as soon as possible, but she was a little afraid of that. Probably that's why she was so distracted that she didn't notice how she suddenly lost her vision.

"What do you mean?" she asked, confused, not losing sight of the other person. She knew him from the school and did not expect to meet him in this way.

"Didn't you notice it at all, back then? I've been in love with you since middle school. I gave you signs, attention and tried to spend more time with you. But you didn't even notice it because you've always had only eyes for this arrogant annoying Hattori. How I hate this guy! Apart from being better in everything, he also took my first love from me and is more successful than ever. I just can't bear to see you together anymore. I've suffered enough in my life and now, my dear Toyama" -"Hattori!" she whispered, but the man skilfully ignored it and continued, "And now it is his turn. I thought for a long time how to bring him down and one night the almost brilliant idea finally came to me."

He approached her and knelt to be on an equal level with the woman. Slowly he came closer and closer to her with his face, so that she could see the darkness and hatred in his eyes. "The brilliant idea of beating him with his own weapons. With his own weapon, which he used against me, but at the same time it is also his biggest weakness... So, my dear... Guess what it is," he whispered dirty in her face.

The woman looked at him with anger and, of course, immediately understood what he meant, or whom he meant. The guy got up and started to walk back and forth in front of her again.

"That's ridiculous, you think the wife of a master detective can't free herself. What do you want to do against me? Or do you want to kill me?!" she said earnestly and with a loud voice.

"Me? Kill you? Please stop joking... And of course I have no doubt about your abilities. No, no, I thought about something more interesting. I'll give you a choice," he replied amusedly.

"What choice?" she asked, still earnestly but also slightly curious.

"Right now, my snipers have your beloved husband and favorite detective in their sights the whole time. You see, if you leave the house he will be shot in the same second. So... Either you stay with me, forever and never see him again... Or you go and your beloved Heiji will die!"

She opened her eyes and couldn't believe what he had just said. These words gave her a painful stab in the heart.

It remained silent for a long time.

He would literally go over dead bodies... Meanwhile, he took the keys out of his pocket and opened the door. He then took a knife and approached to Kazuha to cut the shackles. She dropped her hands lifeless on the floor and still stared at the floor in horror.

"Well, just go. You have a free way out. I don't hold you anymore and the door is open." But she did not answer and remained frozen. The man just leaned against the wall and smiled.

"I'm sorry Heiji," she whispered so softly that he couldn't hear her. She could no longer withstand the pressure of her tears and they flowed across her face like a bucket. No matter what she did, she would never be able to see Heiji again in either case... And that fact made her crying hopeless. Her heart filled with pain and she sobbed and wept bitterly. Even if she wanted to avoid him suffering at all costs, what he would inevitably do, she knew her answer.

"I... I'm going to stay here," she finally replied with a trembling voice.

"How I expected... I knew you are a good girl," he said, closing the door.

Kazuha was so angry about the man standing in front of her.

"What's the point of staying here? As I understood, you haven't had any feelings for me for a long time!?" she asked, horrified and finally wanted to understand what was going on. Learn the reason why she should give up on Heiji.

"HIS BREAKDOWN!" he answered evil with a hateful and hurtful gaze, which frightened Kazuha.

"He will of course look for you, but do you know what? He won't find you. He will never find you because it is impossible, even for the best detective in the world. Because there is no evidence. He will only spend time looking for you and ignoring all other cases. At some point you will be declared dead because of your absence and it will break him. And with him also his glory will fall apart!" he yelled and left the room.

Kazuha got more and more pain as he talked. The fact that his plan would work out only made it all more bitter. Because he loved her, she knew that... More than anything. And it would destroy him and make him self-doubt if she disappeared without a trace. He would hate himself for not finding them, and Kazuha could only hope that these things would not drive him into a deep hole of despair from which he would not get out.

Just at this moment, she still thought sobbing,

Why now...when I carry new life in me.

"I will miss you..."

---
Share your thoughts. How do you liked the special chapter? 🌸