Storys

"I can't sleep... Usually my mum told me storys in the evening. But now she isn't here and I have no storys to think about. So I can't fall asleep. Can you tell me a story?" She looked at him with begging eyes.

So storys? He thought and sighed. He came to the room where she was sleeping. Who could have imagined that the famous detective Heiji Hattori would ever tell good night storys. Heiji sat on the chair next to the bed.
"What kind of storys did your mother used to tell you?" he asked.

Her eyes started to shine. "She had so many storys, but they are all about a famous detective. No one knew his name but he was the smartest of them all. He had a best friend, a girl that always accompanied him, when he was solving mysteries and difficult cases. While solving those cases he been throug many adventures and often got in danger. In one of the cases they were on a gigantic ship where a murder happened. It was dark outside as the detective was searching for hints on the top of the boat he got pushed into the cold water by someone. He almost drowned but luckily there was another ship that rescued him. At the end the case could be solved. Awesome, isn't it?", she was so fascinated by the story she just told.

Heiji was a little confused. This story seemed really familiar to him. Did her mother talked about him? There were several detailed articles about many of his cases in the newspaper of Osaka back then. He had to smile a little. It seemed like her mother was a huge fan of his work.
"Where there any more interesting cases?" he asked her grinning.

"Oh there were many interesting stories. One time he was about to find an important In for a to in the dark, deep woods. He walked there with his best friend. Somewhere deep in the forrest he finally found an interesting stone. When he tried to read what there was engraved he touched the stone and it rolled behind the bushes. He run after it, but he didn't knew there was a deep cliff. He was barely able to stay on the ground so his friend grabbed him and pulled him back. You won't belive what happened afterwards. She lost her balance and falled down the cliff instead of him. The detective jumped after her. There were several rumors that the detective was in love with her and that's the reason hhe provided anything that could bring her in danger.

He finally catched her. In one hand he held her and with the other he tightly held a branch that protrude out of the cliff. He could barely held her as the branch started to crack. The girl was afraid they would die together so she picked an arrow she had in her jacket as a lucky charm. With that arrow she stabbed his hand so he would let her fall down. But he could hold her tightly again before she could fall down, while his blood was running down her arm.

That is mom's favorite story, that's why I remember it so good. But anyway she can tell it better like if she was there herself."

Heiji blood already frozed in his veins, when she was at the half of the story. He couldn't belive how this kid was able to tell the story he experienced with Kazuha in the past in such a detailed way? Nobody except them, Shinichi and Ran ever knew about this story. Not even their parent or Mori... Really nobody.

His next presumption made him shattering.

Was it possible that?... Her words resounded in his brain again and again... "like if she was there herself"

"Nozomi, so could you tell me please, uhm... Where did your mother got the storys about the detective?",he asked her nervously.

"Well my mom always says, that these storys are true and that the detective is still alive and lives in Osaka. But I don't belive her. Because she also told me this detective had a shrunken best friend and human can't shrink, that is something even I know."

Heiji totally understood whom she was talking about... It was Shinichi, or conan. He nervously scratched his head. That whole thing couldn't be true. Who was this woman? Could it be that?... No that was impossible.

Or maybe not?