Cherry Blossom

For hours, the Osaka detective has walked through the paths illuminated by the warm midday sun. He went outside to get some fresh air, let everything go through his head again and look for possibilities for another step. Exhausted by the long running, he then settled plump on a park bench, while the warm wind flew pleasantly through his hair. But it wasn't just Heiji's hair that was mixed up by the wind... With him, soft pink cherry blossom flew in harmony with each other. A sigh on his part was inevitable. Even the simplest and most natural things let him think about her... And one of his biggest failures as a detective. He used to love watching the cherry blossom with Kazuha. Sometimes he could just sit in the park for hours and watch them fly around. Now, however, they only sent him into deep sorrow.

The many people who were still walking around a few minutes ago suddenly seemed to be swallowed up by the ground. No one was there and you could only hear the rustling of the leaves in the wind. He didn't know how much time has passed. Shinichi was certainly waiting impatiently, because Heiji only wanted to get out for a short time. He then stood up with a certain pain in his heart. He didn't wanted to leave those beautiful rose flowers that he loved so much since he was 9 years old. With his head lowered, he walked on calmly, as there were no people anyway... At least he thought so, as he suddenly had collided with someone smaller than him. While Heiji was able to hold on, she fell to the ground. Yes she, because it was a young woman.

"I'm terribly sorry," Heiji said, ashamed, grabbing her by the arms to help her. "Oh no problem, I should have been more careful." replied the young woman with dark hair, her head lowered as she was about to knock the dust off her skirt. She finally raised her head and Heiji could clearly see the girl's face, which he had run over. "I'm sorry..." He stopped... From one second to the next, he was no longer able to talk. His blood froze in his veins and it felt as if time had stopped. With his hands shaking heavily, he stared at the girl in front of him without losing his focus from her even for a second. Slowly he put his strongly trembling hand on her cheek without a word, after which she simply looked at him overwhelmed.

"K-K-K-Kazuha"

He finally stuttered her name. For a long time, he just looked at her, because it felt so unreal to see her. Time had stopped until she eventually put her hand on his. He shrugged slightly as he felt her hand on his. She hesitated briefly, but then swiped his hand from her face carefully and looked him with an apologizing expression. Heiji, however, still held her hand. "Uhm... You have to confuse me with someone," she replied in a deeply bitter voice. Heiji for his part was shocked. She claimed not to know him, although he would recognize her among thousands. These words deeply embittered him. "Why do you say something like that?" he asked, sadly and disappointed. Her eyes filled with a new load of sadness." I... Heiji I... I have to go now!" she whispered in a trembling voice.

By naming his name, she admitted she exactly knew who he was. Tears gathered in her eyes, reflecting the deep pain she had in her.

Suddenly, she held his face with her hands and looked deep into his eyes. Then she stood on the tips of her toes and gave him a short kiss on the cheek. That short seconds were like a dream. For Heiji it came unexpected. He didn't understood... At first she denied knowing him and now? She looked at him for a moment with her eyes now flowing through tears, then let him go and ran away.

"KAZUHA, WAIT!" Heiji shouted behind her and immediately ran. But she was gone. "Kazuha, why?" he repeated quietly with heavy breathing. He, too, was not spared by the deep pain and felt those salty tears running down his face.