News

Heiji scratched the back of his head in embarrassment "Oh, it's just a hobby.  I wouldn't necessarily call myself a real detective." Heiji definitely didn't have the pride for his work that he once had.  He insulted all detectives by calling himself one. At least that's what he thought.

Arriving at the front door, he noticed the newspaper on the floor and simply ignored it, whereupon Kazuha picked it up.

Heiji looked at it curiously: "You want to read the newspaper?"

Kazuha just smiled friendly like she had been doing it all the time "Well, I'd like to know how everything is now, here in Osaka.

Heiji just made an indefinable sound and entered the apartment.

Kazuha sat down at a table and started reading. At some point she looked at the piece of paper in horror.  Heiji noticed this and asked what had happened. The call about Nozomi was no longer in it, he was sure of that.

She stammered out, "Um, well..."

"Why don't you read it out loud?" Heiji interrupted her.

Kazuha looked suspiciously and began to read "Back to the dark past?  Just like 10 years ago, the most famous detective from Osaka Heiji Hattori seems to disappeare again. Is he back in depression because of the death of his wife or are there other reasons? Details are still unclear, but we will keep you informed."

Heiji dropped the glass in his hand in horror.

Kazuha's hands began to tremble.  When she held the newspaper in front of her it was like a deja vu. As if she had experienced it before. A stabbing pain ran through her head whereupon she inevitably cried out.

The scream tore Heiji out of his shocked state and he ran towards her.

"Kazuha! Are you all right?" She just looked at him with tears in her eyes and her head firmly clasped in her hands. "I am sorry...  l...  I didn't know she was dead and I made you say such nonsense. Please tell me the truth before I hurt you more. Don't talk to me in riddles. You may be a famous and intelegent detective but I don't understand your cryptic messages. You can't do your job because of me. It's all my fault." she cried.

"Kazuha, don't think like that. It's the newspaper, they write a lot of nonsense because they don't know it any better. You don't distract me either. I won't do anything else until you get well and there is nothing you can do about it." he tried to calm her down.

She still looked at him crying and finally wiped away her tears.  Heiji embraced her, whereupon Kazuha leaned against his shoulder sobbing.  "What it says is not true. Just trust me." he murmured.

After it had become very late, Kazuha lay down on her bed, tired. But she could not sleep at all. All the doubts, impressions and thoughts buzzed around in her head and dragged her back and forth.

He is lying...  He's lying all the time. I want the truth! He's hiding something from me. Something very important, I know it for sure. But if he won't tell me, I have to find out by myself.