Her fail

Same time, somewhere else:

A young, skinny woman with pale skin and dark hair sat down on a chair. She was very tired. Her face was red and swollen and many bruises and scars destroyed her skin. She had cried the whole night and wasn't able to sleep since two days. She felt so bad when she thought about, what could have happened to her little daughter.

A mood where she wasn't even able to feel anything of her body anymore. To tired, to exhausted, to hard to breath.

She saw the newspaper on the table and hoped to deviate from the dark thoughts even for a second. She scrolled through the grey pages as she suddenly saw a picture of her daughter. The same second the air got stuck in her throat. She stared at the page with shocked eyes and started to tremble as she feared the words she would read in the article. But she had to, she had to know.

"Nozomi, a 5 year old girl is searching for her mother. Her name is unknown but the identikit shows how her mother might look. If you have any hints about the pictured women please inform detective Heiji Hattori immediately. We hope for your help. Every hint is helpful."

She held the paper uptight and starred with a rigid look on the blank wall right before her.

" H-Heiji?
...

That's impossible." the woman whispered with a trembling and brittle voice. Her heart thomed against her chest and little drops of sweat run over her face. She had to pull herself together. She had to call him, but she wasn't able to. There was not a single working phone in the house that she could use. She grabbed the paper uptight again and run out of the kitchen, to hide this important information, as suddenly a man came through the front door. Out of fright she almost dropped the newspaper and the men looked at her and then at the newspaper on the floor.

"What's that?", he yelled and teared her only hope to find her dauther out of her hand.

As he saw the picture he became very angry. "So this little brat asked this arrogant detective for help. I see, she is far smarter than she should be. But when this joke of detective already failed with you, he will also not be able to help your little princess." he said with a dark laugh while the mother of that girl slightly sunk down to the ground crying.

She failed again.

---

Back at Heijis house

It was very late in the evening and Nozomi was already sleeping since hours. Nobody has called him and practically he hasn't stepped any forward in the case. As if that wasn't enough he was forced to deny 3 more cases.

He sat at his table in his poorly lit room, stressed because of the rough day and brooded deep in his thoughts. Thoughts about alternative ways to find her mother. He had the theory that her father was against to find her and left her at the city on purpose. How on earth should he ever find her?

Suddenly the door opened slightly and Nozomi looked into the room with tired eyes. Heiji looked at her worrying "Hey, what's the matter? Why aren't you sleeping?"