Clinical

Light....

Bright....

White....

Light.

A dream?

Or reality?

Where am I?...

The pain...
I feel it....

But where?
Why?

As if I didn't have a body anymore...

Just the pain.

The light is still shining.... But it's getting darker...

Up to the complete darkness...

---
Heiji opened his eyes tired and found himself in a bed. So it was a dream... Only... A... Dream...

Again.

He tried to get up with caution, but the stinging pain in his shoulder brutally pulled him back. Reflexively, he grabbed his shoulder and immediately felt the fabric of a bandage. Frightened, he looked around. That wasn't his room at all! Everything was white and clinical. He was in a hospital! This meant that everything had really happened. He had actually found Kazuha and was shot. So he survived. But Kazuha... Where was Kazuha. What had happened after that, how had he come here?

Panicked and despite the pain, he looked for the button with which he could call a nurse. But before he could press the button, a man with a white coat and a clipboard in his hand came in.

Heiji looked at him overwhelmed, but he smiled happily.
"Oh, as I see, you woke up! Congratulations, you survived the operation and the anaesthetic well." he said, bringing the joyful news.

"The operation?" Heiji repeated, only asking.

"Correct! Do you remember what happened? "The doctor asked.

"Yes, I do..." he paused briefly because he didn't want to reveal too much. "I was involved in a case, but when I tried to save Kazuha I got shot." Heiji muttered.

"That's great, you remember everything. We were able to successfully remove the bullet from your shoulder. It will still hurt for some time, but there will be no lasting damage, except for a scar. But you're already got used to scars, as I heard from colleagues. " the doctor replied joking.

"Yes, that's true..." Heiji muttered absently. "But where is Kazuha?! A young woman! She was there too!" asked Heiji now louder and impatient.

"You mean Mrs. Hattori? She was also brought here, but unfortunately I can't say more, you have to ask her doctor."

A stone felt from his heart. She lived, that was the main thing. The doctor was about to leave when Heiji started talking again: "Excuse me. But who called the ambulance?" Heiji  asked curiously.

The doctor looked briefly at his documents. "A certain Mr. Kudo! Kudo Shinichi. I think I've heard the name before."

"Thank you," Heiji replied, only hastily.

"No problem!" the doctor smiled politely and left the room.

So, Kudo. As usual, he probably came in the last second and put everything back in order. Heiji was infinitely grateful to him. He was definitely someone he could rely on.

---

"How is she?" it sounded through the clinical white hallway.
"Her condition has stabilized again and the stats are all on order. Now we only have to wait until she wakes up again. Who are you, if I may ask? I heard you were the saviour of this young lady," the man in the white coat asked.

The Osakan was slightly embarrassed: "Yes, you can say so. It's a long story.' He replied and scratched the back of his head.

Suddenly, a tone that was too familiar to him sounded and he grabbed his ringing phone.