Yukhei ➛ Beautiful

Soulmate! AU in which your tattoo shows the first thing your soulmate thought when they saw you.

━━━━━━━⊰❈⊱⊰❈⊱━━━━━━━

Y/n stood on one of the benches by the tents and searched the crowd of students for her best friend who's running late just as he always is.

It was unfortunate that they do not share any of their classes since they're taking different courses. Hendery decided to take Psychology.

"Hendery! Over here!" she called as soon as she spotted him standing in front of the cashier office and waved him over.

The crowd slowly dispersed as they reunited with their friends and went on their way to do their own things.

"I'm sorry but your first class could be starting right now and you're already running once again." she teased as soon as he reached her side.

"And yet, you still called me over," he said. "but yes, you are right. I'll see you later!" he waved her goodbye as he ran to his class.

'If he still keeps this up in our Junior year...' she sighed, shaking her head as she looked down on her right arm where a single word was evident.

Her tattoo appeared last year during Freshman year in one of her afternoon classes and every time she sees it after it appears, it brings a delightful smile to her face.

Sadly, she did not meet her soulmate last year which is why she was kind of anticipating what this year has in store for her.

She looked around the place for any new faces this year and one particular tall figure walking her way caught her attention.

'Oh wow, look at that face. I love his style. Whoever his soulmate is lucky to have him as theirs.' Y/n thought before he passed by her table.

"Oookay, I guess he already met his. Lucky guy." she whispered to herself when she saw his evident tattoo on his forearm that was facing her.

She took a glance at her wristwatch and realized she only had ten minutes until her first morning period. She slung her bag over her shoulder and made her way to the assigned classroom.

Y/n sat next to one of her friends named Heeyoung and greeted her.

"Hellooo, you're so early. are you sick or something?" the former placed her hand on her friend's neck as the latter rolled her eyes playfully and swatted her hand away.

"Shut up, y/n, I'm a whole new person now. I'll never be late again." she breathed deeply.

Y/n pulled a face and decided to tease her. "Um, right. That's what you said last year, and the year before that—"

"Geez, why can't you let me live? Fine, fine, it's only for today since it's our first day." she gave up and waved her hand dismissively.

Their classmates started piling up in the room including the new guy from earlier. Their professor has yet to make her appearance and Y/n decided to ask her friend something.

She tapped Heeyoung's shoulder who asked her what was up.

"Have you seen that guy before or is he new here?" she gestured at the guy sitting in the second row.

Heeyoung looked at her with a perplexed expression on her face. "Are you kidding? That's Wong Yukhei, he prefers to be called Lucas though. Don't tell me you've never seen him before!" she exclaimed.

"Ma'am, if you could keep your voice down—this is so embarrassing.'' She covered her face in shame when Heeyoung unintentionally caught the attention of other students including Yukhei who was looking over at them.

"Sorry, please go back to what you're doing! Nothing's happening here!" she announced and quieted down.

She leaned close to Y/n and whispered, "How did you not know him? He's literally in every class we have last year."

The conversation was cut short as all of the students sat up properly when the professor finally entered the room and greeted them.

The professor was going through her rules and regulations and whatnot while Y/n's mind was drifting away, wondering how she'd never seen Yukhei before.

〖 ✾ 〗

The day passed by quickly and soon, it was the second day of class.

Y/n and a few of her friends as well as Hendery were seated at their spot in the cafeteria when their eyes collectively widened while staring behind her.

"What's wrong?" Y/n questioned her friends and turned around warily only to be met with a tall figure staring down directly at her with a thin smile on his face.

"Oh, hello! Is there something you need?" she pursed her lips and almost cringed for sounding animated. 'Wait, his name is Yukhei, right?'

Yukhei nodded. "Can you come with me for a bit? I've been meaning to talk to you." he replied with his deep voice.

One of Y/n's friends squealed, "Yes, you can take her!" she nodded excitedly. The rest of them agreed and let her go easily.

"Call me, Y/n." Hendery told her as she stood up to follow Yukhei.

"Let's talk later." she said to her friends before falling in step with the tall guy as they exited the crowded cafeteria.

Yukhei led her outside toward one of the hangouts for students located behind the cafeteria building where a few circular tables are placed. The pair sat comfortably on the chairs as the peaceful atmosphere surrounded them.

Y/n looked around the place as she waited for Yukhei to open the conversation.

The latter took this as a sign and decided to speak up. "May I see your tattoo? This sounds a bit forward but if you'd allow me to, I'd like to see it." He spoke to her calmly.

'Why does he make me nervous sjdjsndj help!' she thought but agreed anyway and placed her arm on the table for him to see.

He leaned closer and read the word aloud, "Beautiful," he looked back at her with a small smile on his lips. "when did this appear?"

Her cheeks flushed at his stare and quickly looked somewhere else, "Last year. It appeared during one of my afternoon classes." she replied.

Yukhei hummed in agreement, "Have you met your soulmate yet?" he asked and leaned back against the chair.

Y/n pulled her arm back and sat properly, "Unfortunately, I haven't yet. I was kind of hoping I'd meet them this year for some unknown reason." she frowned.

"Me too, actually. I got my tattoo just yesterday. Would you like to see?" he asked and showed her his arm where his tattoo was. He carefully watched her reaction and a light went off his head.

"It's you, isn't it?" a broad smile slowly made its way to his face as he watched a flustered Y/n hiding behind her hands.

"H—how are you even sure it was me?" she stuttered as she fanned her face in hopes for the blush to disappear.

Yukhei shrugged. "I figured I should ask you since you were one of the few students in the almost empty area yesterday."

"Have you asked the others as well?" she asked him and placed her hands on her thighs properly.

He chuckled in response and shook his head, "There's no need for that. Based on your reaction earlier, I think we both know it was you."

Y/n held back a smile and said, "Well then, I guess I am the lucky one after all."

End.