Jeno ➛ Guitar lessons

'' Thank goodness, I was a little patient today. There's this cute guy who's in a school band or something, he was cool. ''

━━━━━━━⊰❈⊱⊰❈⊱━━━━━━━

"Mom, I'll be going now! See you when I get back!" she called from the front door to her mom who was sitting in the living room watching her tv show.

Y/n heard her mom respond with an 'I love you!' as she slipped her shoes on. She adjusted the instrument hanging from her back as she went out on the front door to catch the bus.

The bus stopped at her destination and she got off while holding the strap of her guitar case steady as she made her way slowly towards the learning center.

She decided to take guitar lessons once again after she told her mom that she wanted to pick up and learn how to play an instrument. Guitar sounds about right. Her mom immediately bought her a new one since she has been dying to hear her play again and her old guitar from childhood is too small for her to play now.

Y/n jogged up the stairs carefully on the second floor of the building only to find the door still locked and her teacher nowhere to be found.

'Did he forget again that we have a session today?' she scratched the back of her head and sighed, 'Oh well, I think it's time to go!' she was getting ready to leave again when a sudden thought came to her mind. 'WAIT, what if he just got held up by something?' the other side of her mind told her.

She stood there for a moment, contemplating before finally making up her mind. Y/n sat on the chair next to the door and pulled her guitar out from its case and started practicing the finger exercises her teacher taught her last week.

He sent her a message earlier that week that he couldn't attend on Thursday, leaving her to practice what he gave her on Tuesday.

Her guitar lessons are thrice a week so she can finish the session quickly; Tuesdays, Thursdays, and Sundays. All of them start at five in the afternoon, and every lesson ends after an hour but it would be dark by then.

30 minutes or so later, she heard heavy footsteps ascending from the stairs which made her stop playing for a moment to see if it was the person she had been waiting for.

Unfortunately, it wasn't her teacher but a young, handsome guy with dark hair dressed in black and white, striped sweater. He was holding a bass guitar. No case, just a black, bass guitar.

They had a brief eye contact and smiled at each other awkwardly before Y/n started playing again to distract herself from the newly arrived guy. She was starting to feel nervous with his presence, and him sitting next to her certainly did not help at all.

Y/n was also starting to sweat a little, she could feel her hands starting to feel clammy and she had never felt thankful to anyone before than to her teacher who finally came to save her from embarrassing herself. She almost let out a cry.

He was apologizing to her as he unlocks the door to their practice room. She waved it off jokingly and told him it was okay as they all went inside to start doing what they all came here for.

Her teacher told her to do warm ups as he and the guy talked about their plans later after Y/n finished her lessons. She heard—eavesdropped, it was hard not to when their in the same small room—and found out they have a band practice later and Jeno—as the teacher calls the young man so she assumes that's his name—is the bassist, giving away the fact that he had a bass guitar with him when he arrived.

The teacher soon made his way to Y/ to start teaching her a new song as Jeno watched her intently as she followed his instructions.

She could feel Jeno's eyes on her in the middle of the lesson which made her slightly uncomfortable and squirm on her chair though she tried not to show it.

Fortunately, it seems that he picked up her small movement and tried to play the ukulele as he listened to her play the guitar without looking her way.

Their teacher mentioned to her earlier that Jeno never had a crush before, let alone a girlfriend to which Y/n chuckled at. Why did he share such random information she didn't know. She figured he just wanted to tease him. She could tell they have known each other long enough to do that anyway.

She never thought that with a pretty face like his, Jeno never experienced dating before, or even have a crush.

'I'm pretty sure many girls are head over heels for him, maybe he's just not ready to date just yet.' she thought as she listened to her teacher expose an already flustered Jeno in front of her.

An hour had passed and the sky was starting to darken when Y/n's lesson ended, and the tip of her fingers had gone numb from pressing on the strings to produce a sound.

"That's it for today, you may go now." her teacher dismissed. She nodded and straightened her aching back from sitting in the same position for over an hour before packing her instrument.

As she stood up from the hard chair, her teacher spoke to Jeno, who stayed for the entire lesson just watching her and occasionally playing other instruments around the room. She listened to him play the keyboard and she was impressed.

"Jeno, could you please walk her out so she can have some company while she waits for her ride? Make sure to wait until she's boarded the bus." he ordered.

Y/n's eyes widened at what she heard and waved her hands in front of her as she turned to Jeno. "No no, I can manage on my own. You don't have to."

Said guy who waved it off kindly and proceeded to open the door for her. "It's fine, I have plenty of time before my bandmates get here. They're always late for practice." he smiled kindly as they exited the building.

They walked leisurely toward the bus stop, which was not that far, while talking about their interests and hobbies. They found out that they already have something in common and that is playing the guitar which didn't surprise them anymore.

"You're a fast learner, do you know that?" he says as they reach the bus stop and sit on the bench.

Y/n looked at him weirdly, "Really? I thought I was falling behind my lessons, I even thought our teacher was running impatient with me because I couldn't get the chords right away." she chuckled.

"Don't stress yourself about it, everyone has gone through the same as you." Jeno soon spotted a bus closing in as he nodded in its direction, "That's your bus."

They both stood up as they waited for the bus, but not without them exchanging numbers so they could keep in touch.

As the bus doors opened for Y/n, she turned to him again, mumbling a small 'thank you' to him and boarded the vehicle. She found a seat next to the window and waved at him before it drove off.

Just after two minutes in, her phone vibrated in her pocket indicating a new notification.

1 message from unknown

6:45 pm

Open | Delete

Watch our band practice next time?

Y/n couldn't help but laugh quietly and blush slightly as she saved his number to her contacts.

Sure thing! Tell me when and I'll be there!

'First meeting and I already have a crush on him, great.'

End.