Chenle ➛ Surprise

" Honestly why didn't you say so earlier?

I could've taken care of you. "

━━━━━━━⊰❈⊱⊰❈⊱━━━━━━━

"Where are you?" Chenle tapped his feet on the pavement as he waited for his girlfriend to arrive. He had been standing at the entrance of the school for half an hour already but even her shadow still hadn't made its appearance.

y/n 💘

7:45 am

sweetheart, where are you? have

you overslept again? wake uuuup!

He waited for a few minutes for her reply but he never got any. 'I guess she has.' He scratched his head and was about to enter the school when Y/n's younger cousin, Sungkyung, called to him.

He whipped his head back to see the younger girl speed-walking toward him with a frown in her face.

"Chenle, were you waiting for Y/n? She fell sick today and told me not to tell you but I figured you should know about it anyways." she informed him.

"So that's why she hasn't been answering my text..." he replied.

"Well about that, she went back to sleep before I left. If you decide to go to her, I can inform your teachers about your absence." she nodded her head to the direction of their house.

Chenle thanked her and left to go to a convenience store to buy snacks for his sick girlfriend. After that, he went straight to her house and knocked on their front door.

Y/n's mother smiled at him warmly. "Hello Chenle, shouldn't you be in school?" she raised her eyebrow at him. "She's in her room upstairs." she added and let him in.

"Thank you, Mrs. L/n!" he bowed and went upstairs with light footsteps. He approached Y/n's room and heard nothing so he opened her bedroom door quietly to see her sleeping peacefully.

He noticed her slight red nose and steady breathing. "Aw, my baby." he cooed. He placed a light kiss on her forehead and carefully brushed the slightly damp, stray hairs away from her face, wanting to avoid waking her up.

Unfortunately, Y/n moved under his touch and opened her eyes to see her concerned looking boyfriend.

"Baby? What are you doing here?" she asked and was about to sit up when he pushed her back down.

"I'm here to take care of you, silly. Sungkyung told me you weren't feeling well." he giggled. "I also brought you snacks." he held up his hand with a paper bag.

Y/n only shook her head. "You'll miss our today's lesson." she whispered and pulled him to her side.

Chenle happily wrapped his arms around Y/n's figure and put her head on his chest. "That's okay, it means I get to be with you and take care of you anyways." he replied and kissed her temple.

"That also means you can't help me do our school work today, idiot." she pointed out as she started to slip out of consciousness at the sound of his steady heartbeat.

Chenle smiled contently as they rested in each other's arms in silence.

〖 ✾ 〗

The couple slept until noon before Y/n's mother came knocking on her door, waking them up and telling them to eat the soup she made.

Chenle volunteered to get them while Y/n stayed behind and trailed behind her mother down the kitchen.

"My daughter is very lucky to date you, Chenle. I hope you take care of her well." her mom told him.

"Thank you but if anything, I'm the lucky one here. Y/n is absolutely amazing." he replied with sincerity and grinned.

She smiled gratefully at him and handed him a tray with two bowls of soup in it. Chenle thanked her and went back to his girlfriend's room.

"Here you go." he placed the tray down her bedside table and reached for a bowl, getting himself seated comfortably on Y/n's bed after he helped her sit up.

"Are you seriously going to feed me?"

"Silence. I didn't skip school just to watch you eat by yourself. Now, let me take care of you and eat this soup." he held a spoonful of soup to her mouth to which she responded with a playful roll of her eyes and opened her mouth.

She finished the bowl of soup with Chenle occasionally feeding himself from it and her scolding him about getting sick for using the same spoon as her.

Chenle merely laughed and answered. "But you'll be there to take care of me, won't you?"

Y/n held the urge to roll her eyes yet again. "Yeah, and we'll miss a whole lot of lessons in school and have tons of work to do when we get back. Now eat yours with a new spoon. I don't want you to get sick too." she crossed her arms and pursed her lips.

"Fine, I'll eat with the clean spoon since you're being cute." he mumbled.

She watched her boyfriend eat and reached her hand out to fix his hair making him smile at the gesture.

When he finished eating, he carried the tray downstairs and washed the dishes, much to y/n's mother's demand to leave it there.

"Baby, do you have anything in mind today? Anything you want to do? Take a walk outside, go somewhere, anything?" Y/n asked him as soon as he got back from the kitchen.

He grinned at her and wrapped his arms around her again after helping her lie down. "I do have one," he replied as he cuddled up on her side.

"And that is?"

"Cuddling," he beamed.

"Okay." She shifted her position and curled her body on his side, wrapping her left arm around his torso as he wrapped his arms around her waist.

She laid her head on his chest and spoke. "Happy birthday, sweetie. I'm sorry we couldn't go out today because of my stupid fever, but at least I had you surprised, right?" she joked.

"Not the surprise I was expecting but it's fine. Besides, I have many more birthdays to come and we'll always have time to go out. Don't you have any presents for me though? I was kind of anticipating it."

Y/n thought for a moment before finally responding. "Well, I can let you BORROW some movie cd's I have if you like." she muttered.

Chenle's eyes lit up in excitement at that. "No way, you're kidding."

"Yes, I was kidding."

"Whatever, I still love you even though you won't let me borrow them."

End.

This is why I hate being single... sIGH