Chenle ➛ Study

━━━━━━━⊰❈⊱⊰❈⊱━━━━━━━

Y/n grumbled as she arrived at school early to study for a test that she didn't know they'll be having in second period that morning. Two words, Yang Jeongin.

When she woke up that morning and checked her phone, the first thing she read was a message from her cousin, Jeongin who's also her classmate, about a quiz they were supposedly having today.

4 messages from the desert fox

5:30 am

open | delete

hello, my dear cousin

i forgot to tell you this but

we have a test today on 2nd period

pls don't get mad, i didn't study too

Technically, he didn't have to remind her because she herself should've been responsible for it. But, that was how Y/n's morning was ruined and now she found a perfect spot on one of the empty tables near the school's fountain and trudged her way to it.

Dropping everything and quickly slumping on the bench, she breathed deeply before clearing her head and mentally preparing to study. She still has two hours before her first period anyways, it should be enough time.

She huffed once again before pulling out her book and started reading, jotting down notes that she thinks is important as she absorbs all the information in the book.

An hour had passed and Y/n decided to take a break. She took her time to look at her surroundings and realized how peaceful it was without students.

'Maybe I should start coming here early.'

She closed her eyes for a moment and felt herself relax. When she opened her eyes, a tall figure was standing in front of the table she was in.

It was Zhong Chenle from her grade but in a different class.

They know each other of course, since Jeongin and Chenle are close friends, she occasionally gets dragged into their hangouts along with their other friends.

"You startled me. you know you could've greeted me, right?" she was confused as to where he came from and why he suddenly came up to her but he only smiled at her warmly.

"May I?" he gestured at the seat in front of her, Y/n nodded. "I agree, but you looked so peaceful and I can't just—oh, are you studying for a test?" Chenle asked as soon as he sat down and noticed her notes.

"Yeah, I could've studied earlier, but I forgot about it. Thankfully, Jeongin who informed me today when I just woke up."

"I take it he didn't study for this too?" he chuckled as she nodded her head 'No'.

"He told me he didn't. I don't know if that was supposed to comfort me or worry me." she replied as she started putting her things away.

"Are you done already? Wanna grab something to eat with me?"

"Yeah, sure. I was thinking of going to that convenience store outside anyway." she nodded at him, "Let's go."

The pair walked side-by-side toward the said convenience store just outside the school.

Chenle got himself a chocolate drink and triangle kimbap while Y/n got her favorite drink as well as her favorite snack. They walked toward the cashier and placed their items on the counter.

"It's on me." he stated as he paid for the both of them.

"I'll pay next time then." she narrowed her eyes at him as he chuckled and handed her her snacks.

"Next time." he placed his free hand on her head affectionately and looked at her in the eye before taking a seat at one of the tables outside.

'Now, what the hell was that about??'

Y/n quickly shook her thoughts out of her head as she joined him outside.

〖 ✾ 〗

After thirty minutes, they decided to go back to school, and Chenle insisted on walking her to her class.

"Goodluck on your test today, I know you'll do well." he cheered on as they stood outside her classroom.

Y/n smiled brightly, "Thanks for that, and for walking me to class. I'll see you around." she waved and entered the room.

"HEY, YOU!" a familiar voice shouted and startled her for the second time today before she saw Jeongin with his hands resting on his waist, breathing heavily for effect.

"What do you want?" she deadpanned as she sat next to him.

"I was looking everywhere for you, worried because I thought you were mad at me but you were actually spending your time with him?" he accused her and placed a hand over his heart dramatically.

Y/n looked at him weirdly and facepalmed at his dramatic self, "Look, I'm not mad at you. And Chenle offered to eat at the convenience store across our school." she explained and made gestures with her hands.

Jeongin sat down and scrutinized her, "So? Do you like him?" he asked a few seconds later.

Y/n rolled her eyes, "Oh my goodness, no. I do NOT like him, we're friends." she clarified and decided she'll ignore him from now on and pulled out her notes for the test.

"Our grandpa and grandma started from being friends though."

She heard him whisper and completely blocked him off, "Whatever, Jeongin."

End.