nct dream ➛ graduation

" one night, far from now, there will be a star that will lift your spirits. that star will be me. "
- dear dream, nct dream.

━━━━━━━━━⊰❈⊱⊰❈⊱━━━━━━━━━

page 365/365. the last day of the year, and also the last day of mark lee in nct dream.

he's graduating now. his time with nct dream is up since he's reached that certain age. two years spent with the younger members and they made a lot of memories. good or bad, it doesn't matter.

mark was worried. he's always worried about a lot of things despite his young age. mostly, he's worried about the members who will be left alone on their own.

his younger brothers who looked up to him as he was the oldest out of all of them. he was there to lead them in every decisions they make, was there to lead them in every path they take.

they always depended on him because they trust him and they love him with all their heart, and their love of course, are always returned by the eldest.

the dreamies knew that the day would come and their beloved hyung will leave the group. they always knew but they can pretend they don't, right?

all the jokes, the laughters and smiles they all shared. it'll always be there in their minds and hearts, the precious memories that they'll treasure a lot in the future.

they'll be on their own now, no mark that'll shush them when they get too hyper, no more lame acrostic poems.

mark worries about his younger brothers, but he trusts them and whoever will be their next leader, he knows that, that member will do well in guiding them all since he can only watch in the sidelines now.

he'll watch them grow as a group, be more mature and be better as individuals.

he can still be with them off-cam, sure. he can still interact with them and have fun with them but it'll be limited on cameras.

nctzens won't get to see the precious moments they share yet again despite the fact that mark already graduated from the group.

the other nct members are aware of their fans' expected reactions. they'll be sad, some will cry. it breaks their heart to see mark leave nct dream, and it breaks even more to know that their fans will cry.

everything happens for a reason.

they all know that time will heal their hearts. maybe nctzens will be hurt now, they all know that, but time will pass and they can all be happy again. they'll do anything to make their fans happy.

〖 ✾ 〗

mark entered the dreamies dorm with a small smile on his face as the members look at him with sadness in their eyes.

"hey guys, listen. the first two years have been amazing with you and i want to say thank you for all those memories we shared. you guys are the best."

the nineteen year old boy looked down to avoid seeing his member's reactions when he felt arms around him.

the boy looked up to see chenle hugging him, "we'll miss you in the group, mark hyung." he mumbled under his breath. the others soon followed and wrapped their arms around each other.

"guys, come on. i'd still be here, you know. we can still talk to each other and laugh like we used to." he comforted.

"still, it wouldn't be the same without you in the group." donghyuck said.

they all stepped out of the hug as they smile at him proudly.

"one last time?" he asked them.

"YO DREAM!"

"JJEOREO JUJA, FIGHTING!"

end.