↳ 𝘥𝘯𝘺𝘭: jaemin

" for the one who's experiencing an unrequited love. "

━━━━━━━━━⊰❈⊱⊰❈⊱━━━━━━━━━

people find it hard to not love the sweet boy named na jaemin but for some reason, this one girl he had always liked never showed even the slight interest in him.

jaemin watched the students enter the school's gate from the window of his first period classroom on a monday morning. he was patiently waiting for his friends to pass through the gate when his eyes caught sight of someone else, gong hina.

five months ago, he saw her sitting with her friends and he's been crushing on her ever since then.

his eyes followed her figure walking toward the building on the left as he recalls the time when he first saw her.

flashback!

jaemin and his friends were on their way to the cafeteria to eat lunch. the place was packed with students when they arrived and y/n was the first one to volunteer to find a table for them while chenle went to tag along.

the rest of the guys fell in a short line to get food as they wait for the two to come back.

after a few seconds, chenle appeared in front of them with y/n tailing behind him.

"well," he started and look at y/n who's shoulders were slacked, "there were no available tables that could fit us all."

jisung was the first to talk, "don't tell me you guys forgot about the tables outside? we can eat there. besides, i don't want to be confined here. it's too hot." he says and fanned himself to prove his point.

all of them realized that the weather was indeed hotter than usual and agreed to jisung's idea.

"alright then! i'll go outside and choose a table for us." y/n announced and immediately went off.

"did she even brought lunch with her?" jeno asked them while scratching his neck while wondering as they watched y/n walk outside.

"yep, she has packed lunch. her mom gave it to her this morning." renjun, who is y/n's cousin confirmed. the guys nodded as they went down in line.

jaemin was the first one who got his lunch and went straight outside to join y/n.

"nana!" she called out as soon as she saw him step out the door and waved him over.

jaemin placed his food tray down and took a seat next to y/n who already has her lunchbox in front of her. she's only waiting for them to arrive.

"hey, nice spot you got here."

the two of them were facing away from the cafeteria, the view they have are the rest of the lunch tables and the mini forest their school has.

"i try, sir." she joked. even though their table was placed a few meters away from the building, the huge umbrella above them provided protection from the sun's heat.

jaemin took his time to look around the area while waiting for the others to join them. on the left side was a group of students laughing over a few tables from them and a group of girls sitting under the shade of a tree in the mini forest.

his eyes scanned the group of girls for any familiar face when his eyes stopped at a new one instead.

'she's kinda cute', he thought. he had never seen her before, she's definietly new.