↳ 𝘥𝘯𝘺𝘭: renjun

" for the one who has been dumped. "

━━━━━━━━━⊰❈⊱⊰❈⊱━━━━━━━━━

the group sat on their usual table at the school's cafeteria and waited for their oldest friend who's already 10 minutes late.

"are you guys sure renjun's just staying back for a little while in his last period?" y/n asked the rest of the boys as they shrug in response.

"let me go check up on him. come along, jisung." chenle tapped the youngest on his shoulder and the pair left the table.

jeno sighed and pulled out his phone, probably to check any messages from their missing friend.

"ah, he could've texted us or something if he's staying back." jaemin said as he placed his head on his hand and stared out the window.

the youngest pair came back after a while with confused faces. "the room was already empty, where could that he be?" jisung scratched the back of his head as they claim their seats.

'where could he be—?'  her thoughts were interrupted when jeno pointed his finger behind the girl.

"oh look, there's yingyue! but where's renjun?" they all looked at the direction where jeno's pointing and saw yang yingyue, renjun's girlfriend of one year, laughing with her friends.

"hey yingyue!" y/n called as the girl looked over her direction. her happy face was instantly replaced by a frown as she walked over them slowly.

y/n smiled at her and waved as she got closer. "hi, have you seen renjun? we've been waiting for him for fifteen minutes already but we still haven't seen him."

"o-oh um, we—we broke up." she mumbled.

the guys let out surprised gasps as they heard the news and y/n's jaw dropped in shock.

"wait what, you guys broke up? when?" jaemin asked her this time.

"just this morning," she replied dryly. "i should go." then she left, leaving the group shocked and confused.

y/n pulled out her phone quickly and sent renjun a text, hoping he would reply to her at least.

'where are you? i'm coming to you.'

she bit her nail nervously as she waited for him to read her message. his reply came after a few seconds.

'at the school garden.' she read.

"alright guys, renjun told me he's in the garden right now and i'm coming to him." she informed the others as she stood up.

jisung tugged her hand gently. "we'll come with."

she was about to about her mouth when jeno spoke up. "no, we should stay here. renjun might feel overwhelmed if he sees all of us. we should let y/n talk to him first." he nodded at her.

"alright, we'll wait for you guys here." jaemin told her.

"but y/n," chenle added. "if you're still not here after twenty minutes, we're coming after."

she nodded, "we'll be at the garden." she walked away after that to find renjun.

〖 ✾ 〗

once y/n entered the garden, she immediately spotted renjun sitting on the grass with his back against her, so she couldn't tell what he was doing.

she slowly made her way toward her eldest friend. "hey, i'm here." y/n gently tapped his shoulder to let him know she arrived when renjun reached for her hand.

she crouched down next to his form to see him wiping his face with the sleeves of his sweater which made her frown and held his chin to make him look at her.

her eyes met renjun's. "do you want to talk about it?" she asked him softly. he nodded at scooted over to give her space.

y/n sat on the ground next to him. "what happened?"

renjun took a deep breath and sighed as he started. "honestly? i don't know," he turned to look at her with a bitter smile on his face.

"we were fine yesterday. this morning, we met infront of the school's gate so i can walk her to her first class as usual but before we even take a step, she told me she wants to break up. she left after without explaining anything to me." a tear once again escaped from his eye as he wiped them away quickly.

y/n kept quiet as her friend continue his explanation, his voice wavering. "i really liked her, we just had our first anniversary last week and she just wanted a break up? i couldn't focus on any of my classes this morning because all i could here was her saying those words, it keeps repeating inside my head, taunting me."

"i'm really sorry if i made you guys worry about me, i was just being a mess earlier." renjun apologized as he hung his head down, sniffing.

"hey, it's okay. things might be tough for you right now but we're here. for now, just let everything out but always know that you have us with you." y/n comforted as he pulled her into a hug.

they stayed like that for a while with her rubbing a comforting hand on his back, trying to at least make him feel slightly better.

after a few minutes, they pulled away from each other.

"let's go back." renjun blurted out.

"are you sure?" she asked him and when he nodded, she stood up and dusted the dirt off her skirt as she watched renjun do the same.

theey started walking back to where the group and the rest of the students were.

renjun knew he couldn't get through this alone, that's why he's always thankful for having his friends around.

end.