Mark ➛ Untold feelings (Sad ending)

" Can we not do this now, Mark? 

I'muh, in a hurry. "

High School! AU

━━━━━━━⊰❈⊱⊰❈⊱━━━━━━

It has been a few days since Y/n slipped and accidentally confessed her feelings to Mark. It was their first decent conversation and probably their last, thanks to her—

It hasn't been the same ever since then.

Y/n keeps herself calm and collected on the outside, but whenever she sees Mark around, her heart hurts. Her heart hurts because the boy she used to like never tried to approach and talk to her again. It hurts even more because whenever she looks at him, he's happy.

He's happy with another girl that wasn't her.

That's why she decided to let him go, she decided to erase her feelings for him in order to make herself happy. It was easier said than done but she believes that she can do it one at a time, and she's starting now.

〖 ✾ 〗

It was another normal afternoon in school and classes are almost ending.

Y/n was once again looking out the window, waiting for the bell to ring and just end this hour already. Her mind soon drifted to that day on the rooftop.

Until this day she still regrets talking to Mark since it completely destroyed any chance of them talking again.

'I shouldn't have said yes. Goodness, why was I so stupid?' she let out a sigh of distress and buried her face in her palms.

Her seatmate and one of Mark's close friends, Xiaojun, noticed her actions and whispered to her.

"Hey y/n, is something bothering you? Are you alright?" he furrowed his eyebrows in concern and gave a comforting pat on her shoulder.

Y/n turned to her classmate and smiled a little. "Yeah, I'm okay. I just remembered something."

He nodded and went back to listening to the teacher.

The sound of the bell resonated through the halls of the school as their teacher finally bid goodbye to the class. A series of 'Finally!'s could be heard as the students stood up after the teacher exited the room and packed their things excitedly.

"Y/n~" Yuqi sang as she sat beside her pouting friend.

"Aw, what's wrong?" Mina asked worriedly as she sat on the front seat and turned to her other two friends.

Y/n rested her head on Yuqi's shoulder, "I just remembered that day again and now I'm sad." she frowned.

Her friends hummed in return. "It's going to be okay. Come on, why don't we go to that favorite café of yours?" Yuqi suggested. Mina nodded eagerly but they pouted when y/n shook her head.

"Nooo, that was my favorite place because of Mark, remember? I'm in the process of moving on."

The pair sighed and facepalmed. "Right, shall we go to the park instead?"

"I just want to go home and rest..." The two nodded sadly and went up to help their girl organize her things.

The trio were walking down the streets to their own homes since they all decided to postpone their hangout. On their way home, the girls passed Y/n's once favorite café and by the window, they all saw how a familiar figure leaned in to place a kiss on a girl's lips.

"Oh, wow!"

"What—"

"Guys, I'll just go." Y/n mumbled and bid them goodbye. She started walking away quickly.

The pair watched helplessly as their friend walked away while wiping her face.

It made Mina's blood boil. She absolutely hated seeing her friends getting hurt.

"Mina, wait! Don't do it!" The much calmer friend held her shoulder in an attempt to stop her from causing drama and pushed her down their original direction by her shoulders.

"Don't. Let y/n talk to him. We'll be with her no matter what happens, right?"

"Ugh, fine." She grumbled.

〖 ✾ 〗

"Class, today we'll be doing a partner activity! BE QUIET, I'M GOING TO PAIR YOU UP!"

Y/n remained silent on her seat, playing with the pen between her fingers as she waited for her name to be called along with her activity partner. She was hoping it would be Mina or Yuqi but instead she got the least person she wanted to interact with right now.

Surprise!! It's the one and only, Mark Lee.

Her friends shot her a quick worried glance as Mark awkwardly took over Xiaojun's seat.

Hyejin looked at her boyfriend then gave Y/n a sharp look to which the latter rolled off her eyes. 'What's the use of glaring at me when you already have him? So annoying, have him all you want.'

"Y/n, are we going to start now?" Mark asked carefully as he turned to her.

Said girl sighed heavily. "Yeah, sure."

The pair started doing their activity wordlessly. It was awkward.

"Y/n, about what happened—"

"You don't owe me any explanation. It's fine, things happen and just—don't, okay?" she cut him off.

Mark frowned. "Can we talk again, please?" he pleaded with her.

She let out a frustrated sigh, "No, just leave me alone."

"Please, just this once. Just give me a chance." he pleaded once again.

'Wow, this guy.'

"Fine."

After the last period, Y/n ambled her way to the rooftop after bidding goodbye to her friends and waited for Mark. A few moments later, she heard the rooftop door creak open and felt someone's presence next to her.

"So, what is this about? Make it quick, I need to get home before five." She had told him without taking her eyes off the view in front of her.

"The day you confessed; I didn't get to reply to you because I was in shock." he took a deep breath, "I... I like you too."

Just with those words coming from her longtime crush made her freeze in her position. She couldn't believe her ears, her mind turned blank as she turned to him with wide eyes.

"You what now?" her question came out rude but the rollercoaster of emotions inside her took over and failed to notice the change in her tone.

"I-I'm sorry, I'm sorry for letting you know so late but I couldn't hide it anymore. I really like you, since Ninth grade but I figured I didn't stand a chance that's why I dated Hyejin..."

Y/n scoffed a little and turned to him in disbelief. "You only dated Hyejin because you thought you didn't stand a chance on me? That's just so wrong..." she frowned.

'And the fact that I saw you kissed her doesn't make it any better.'

"Sorry, I can't accept your confession. Let's pretend that this didn't happen." She started and made her way straight toward the exit door.

Mark looked down in disappointment. "Alright, okay. You can just ignore me all you want after this, it's not like I can talk to you anymore anyways..."

End.