Taeil ➛ Red string of fate

" I'm not one to believe in that red string soulmate thing, but it feels like something's tugging at my pinky finger, and it's weird. "

soulmate! au

━━━━━━━⊰❈⊱⊰❈⊱━━━━━━

Some people believed that meeting your soulmate only happens once in a lifetime. They say that when you feel like there's an invisible thread tugging at your pinky finger, it means that your soulmate is close by.

Y/n is a woman who has never dated in all the years she has lived. She doesn't believe in the red string of fate or the idea of soulmates, because it seems 'unreal' and 'it only happens in books and movies' as she would describe it.

"I've never felt so single in my life than I do now." She grumbled as she watched a couple walking down the street laughing to themselves before looking up at the stars above from her bedroom window.

Her mood turned sour as she recalled the events when her friends met their partners one by one. All of them already met theirs which leaves her all alone on her own, with no one to give her love and no one to give her love to.

"Okaaay, maybe I was born to be lonely all along. Where the hell are they and why are they taking so long?"

She breathed in the cool night air, which made her nerves relax a bit before reaching for her phone that vibrated on the bedside table to check on it.

1 message from Hana.

9:05 pm

Open | Delete

good evening ugly, we're going to nct's

fan meeting tomorrow. i'll pick you up 

at 9 am. fan meet starts at 10, dress 

nicely.that's all, goodnight! ♡

'Am I dreaming or is sHE FOR REAL? I HAVE TO FIND MY ALBUM!1!' She almost jumped down her window until the window sill had stopped her from it.

"OW! WHAT THE—" She shouted while clutching her throbbing forehead as she fell from her chair. "Ah, it hurts so much! Stupid window—" she got cut off when she heard her door being opened and turned to see her sister who came in with a scowl plastered on her face.

"Do you mind? Why are you being so loud? Can't you see that people in this household need to sleep?" She complained while scratching the side of her head, giving her a 'stfu' look.

"Right, I will! Sorry, Herin. Go back to sleep, I'll be quiet now." Y/n reassured and gestured for her to go back to her own room which the younger one followed.

'MY HEAAAAAD'

〖 ✾ 〗

Y/n woke up the next day and went to her bathroom mirror to check her face. Luckily, it didn't bruise but it hurt a little when you rub on it. She groaned and went to get her towel so she could take a bath and get ready for today.

She picked a white t-shirt with a text written in small black letters at the center tucked in light blue jeans and paired it with her white sneakers. For the finishing look, she pulled a white cap over her head and reached for her phone and wallet sitting on the bed along with her beloved NCT album.

Seeing Hana's text, she exited her room and zoomed past her sister's on her way. "Herin, I'm going out!" she shouted before going downstairs, making sure to lock the door on her way out.