Mark ➛ Untold feelings (Happy ending)

" Be quick. Someone's probably waiting for me outside

his classroom already. "

High School! AU

━━━━━━━⊰❈⊱⊰❈⊱━━━━━━

It has been a few days since Y/n slipped and accidentally confessed her feelings to Mark. It was their first decent conversation and probably their last, thanks to her—

It hasn't been the same ever since then.

Y/n keeps herself calm and collected on the outside, but whenever she sees Mark around, her heart hurts. Her heart hurts because the boy she used to like never tried to approach and talk to her again. It hurts even more because whenever she looks at him, he's happy.

He's happy with another girl that wasn't her.

That's why she decided to let him go, she decided to erase her feelings for him in order to make herself happy. It was easier said than done but she believes that she can do it one at a time, and she's starting now.

〖 ✾ 〗

It was another normal afternoon in school and classes are almost ending. Y/n was once again looking out the window, waiting for the bell to ring and just end this hour already. Her mind soon drifted to that day on the rooftop.

Until this day she still regrets talking to Mark since it completely destroyed any chance of them talking again.

'I shouldn't have said yes. Goodness, why was I so stupid?' she let out a sigh of distress and buried her face in her palms.

Her seatmate and one of Mark's close friends, Xiaojun, noticed her actions and whispered to her.

"Hey y/n, is something bothering you? Are you alright?" he furrowed his eyebrows in concern and gave a comforting pat on her shoulder.

Y/n turned to her classmate and grinned. "Yeah, I'm okay. I just remembered something."

"Alright then." He smiled and nodded before going back to listening to the teacher.

The sound of the bell resonated through the halls of the school as their teacher finally bid goodbye to the class. A series of 'Finally!'s could be heard as the students stood up after the teacher exited the room and packed their things excitedly.

"Y/n~" Yuqi sang as she sat beside her pouting friend.

"Aw, what's wrong?" Mina asked worriedly as she sat on the front seat and turned to her other two friends.

Y/n rested her head on Yuqi's shoulder, "I just remembered that day again and now I'm sad." she frowned.

Her friends hummed in return. "It's going to be okay. Come on, why don't we go to that favorite café of yours?" Yuqi suggested. Mina nodded eagerly but they pouted when y/n shook her head.

"Nooo, that was my favorite place because of Mark, remember? I'm in the process of moving on."

The pair sighed and facepalmed. "Right, shall we go to the park instead?"

"I just want to go home and rest..."

The two nodded sadly and went up to help the girl organize her things.

The trio were walking down the streets to their own homes since all of them were tired from school. On their way home, the girls passed Y/n's once favorite café and by the window, they saw Mark talking to his girlfriend happily.

Y/n couldn't hold back a small sigh as they continued down their path. Yuqi and Mina patted her shoulder as they parted their ways.

"See you tomorrow, girls!" she waved at her friends before walking up the front porch of their house.

〖 ✾ 〗

"Class, today we'll be doing a partner activity and be quiet because I will be the one to pair you up!" their teacher announced as the class grumbled, wishing they could work with their friends and get this over with.

Y/n remained silent on her seat, playing with the pen between her fingers as she waited for her name to be called along with her activity partner. She was hoping it would be either of her friends, but instead she got the least person she wanted to interact with right now, Mark Lee.

Her friends shot her a quick worried glance as Mark awkwardly took over Xiaojun's seat, while Hyejin secretly glanced at her boyfriend before smiling to herself. Y/n didn't miss the look on her face though.

'Hm, something feels wrong. Should I be worried about her smile?'

"Y/n, shall we start now?" Mark asked carefully as he turned to her.

Said girl sighed heavily. "Yeah, sure."

The pair started doing their activity as they both tried hard not to be awkward with each other by exchanging a few words while working.

"Y/n look, about what happened—"

"It's okaaaay. You don't need to explain yourself, it's fine." she cut him off and gave him a thin smile.

Mark frowned at her. "Okay, but can we please talk again?"

Y/n only squinted her eyes at him as if suspicious of his intentions.

"Please, just this once. Just give me a chance." he pleaded.

'Ugh, remind me again why I like him still.'

"Fine." Now that he insisted on talking, she was a little curious as to what he's about to say.

After the last period, Y/n ambled her way to the rooftop after bidding goodbye to her friends and waited for Mark. A few moments later, she heard the rooftop door creak open and felt someone's presence next to her.

"What's this about? Be quick okay, Jihoon's waiting for me." She calmly told him while still looking at the view in front of her.

"Wait, who's Jihoon? Is he your boyfriend?" Mark gaped at her.

Y/n looked at him in disbelief, "What? No! He's my neighbor, we're walking home together today. His class ends in about," she glanced at the time on her phone, "five minutes."

"Okay, anyway," he continued. "The day you confessed; I couldn't get to reply to you because I was in shock." he took a deep breath before continuing. "I like you too."

Just with those words coming from her longtime crush made her freeze where she stood, she couldn't believe her ears. Her mind turned blank as she turned to him with very wide eyes, her hand automatically coming up her chest in shock.

"Pardon?" she had to make sure she had heard him right.

"I'm sorry for letting you know so late but I couldn't hide it anymore. I really like you, since Ninth grade but I figured I didn't stand a chance that's why I dated Hyejin..."

"Okay, I'll let you explain further." she urged him to continue while her heart started beating fast at this newfound information.

Mark started playing with his fingers as he spoke, "Hyejin and I both accepted the fact that we only dated each other because we wanted to move on from our past. Our decision was mutual about the break-up."

'Interesting...'

"She got back together with her ex and I was hoping if..." he gestured to the two of them and Y/n's eyes went wide again almost comically.

'b INCH HE WANTS ME.'

"Mark, are you serious?" was the first thing that came out of her mouth after he finished. She pulled him into a tight hug and buried her face in his chest, "Yes!"

Mark understood her despite her words being muffled and sighed in relief, body at ease as he wrapped his arms around Y/n.

"I love you." he whispered and gave her an affectionate kiss on top of her head.

End.