19

Kismet sighed as Wesley and Nate grumbled about the most recent apartment they viewed. The company of four were sitting in Kismet's car, their spirits considerably dampened.

At each apartment they viewed, at least one of the three guys had an objection; whether it was the size of the kitchen or not enough natural light.

As Wesley turned around to encourage Nate's complaints, Kismet reached for his phone. It had the addresses of the apartments they were viewing.

He turned around when he felt her hand pat his pockets, looking at her in alarm.

"I want to look over the list," she said, urging him to hand over the device. A look of understanding crossed his face and he gave it to her, unlocked by his thumbprint.

She swiped through his phone, finding the list of homes for viewing saved to his Notes. Wesley's agent had sent him a few additional, last-minute listings, so there were now a total of eight. They had already seen four of the eight, and their frustrations were only building.

As Kismet skimmed over the list, she recognized a familiar address. "Wess, this one's in my complex," she said surprised, tugging at his shirt.

He stopped mid-sentence while replying to Mathew, turning back in his seat. "Say hi to your new neighbours," he stated, motioning to himself, Mathew and Nate. The two brothers encouraged him, waving to her.

Kismet laughed at his comment, beginning the drive to her place. "We'll look at that one next, then," she replied.

The guys conversed about topics at random, keeping themselves and Kismet engaged as she drove. As they turned into the parking lot of her building, the conversation shifted to the apartment in question.

Kismet led the guys to the unit, an apartment located a floor below hers, on the 11th level—the building itself was 12 floors altogether. It was a contemporary building that had a blend of various styles of apartments, something Kismet had explored when she had been searching for a place to live.

The company of four entered the open apartment upon the instructions of the sign placed on the door. Mathew, following behind Wesley and Nate, took a glance inside and turned to face Kismet.

"Where do we sign?"

Kismet grinned, shaking her head. She pushed at his shoulders, "Go look around first."

The two caught up with Wesley and Nate, who were being led by the salesperson that had met them inside. The man guided them through the apartment, describing its features and explaining certain complexes.

As their tour concluded, the salesperson stood in front of them with his hands clasped together. "What do we think?"

They exchanged glances with one another as Kismet rolled her eyes, smiling. Mathew grinned at the salesperson, "When can we move in?"

The men shared contact details and specifics before they walked out with Kismet.

As they approached the elevators, Kismet turned to face them. She hesitated for a moment, "Do you have anything planned for the rest of the day?"

They all made various faces as they shook their heads. "No," Wesley replied for all of them. "Unless you count packing," he added.

Kismet smiled, "Great. We can have supper together." She stepped into the now open elevator, pressing the PH level as the guys filed in behind her.

While Mathew hadn't fully explored the apartment, Nate and Wesley had, and continued to talk about the pros and cons.  Every second pro was along the lines of, we'll be a floor below Kismet.