Chapter Nineteen: ... likes he's not himself

I stand there in front of my charred house surrounded by police officers and firefighters, they were about to leave since the fire was out now but the police we still looking for anything that may help find who did

"They'll finds who did Ro!", my geeky friend assured me.

"If they don't I'll use my forensics knowledge and find them myself I know I few people in my class who should be happy to help, Laura will take any opportunity she has to show off her knowledge Elly would probably help too...", she started to list more people from her class I just stare at my house.

"Hello, are you Miss Robin Swift?", I'm broken from my thoughts by a police officer addressing me.

"That's me!", I say with a sad smile, "may I ask how you knew my name?".

"This was left at the scene,", he says handing me a piece of paper. I take the paper, "thank you officer...?".

"West, Allen West", the police officer answered with smile.

I returned his smile, "Thank you Officer West". He walked away to join his colleagues.

I look at the paper he handed me... it was a document with information about me on it, I was a little charred by the fire but...

... no way...

... is that the college logo?

Is this my file from the college.

"Hey Ro you alright?", I hear someone ask form behind me.

"Yea... take a look at this..", I hand Jem and Jack the piece of paper to look at.

"What is this?", Jem says moving their gaze form the paper to me.

"I think it's a copy of my college file, they found it at the scene", I said.

Jems eyes went wide, "and they just gave it to you?", she said angrily.

"Yea....", I said with a look of confusion on my face.

"They not allowed to do that, it breaks the chain of custody", she says getting more angry.

"Calm it, Jem", I say putting my hand on her shoulder.

I look around realising we were a friend short.

"Hey guys where's Finn?", I say looking around.

"Hmm, he said he was coming but...", Jack started before he was interrupted.

"Hey, Sorry guys I'm right here," Finn said as he came running up to us.