Chapter Two: The hell we call Maths

The next morning at 7 a

The next morning at 7 a.m, my alarm went off, but I was already awake. I hate sleeping, I was instead doodling in my sketchbook, costume ideas for when I become a superhero. I'm determined to become a superhero and learn how to use my powers without being sooo afraid. Ever since that day a few years ago, but that's for another time.

I got up from my bed and put my sketchbook in my red bag with a yellow-spotted design going all over it, along with my other books for and materials I need for college, making sure I had the homework me and Jem were working on last night.

I start making my way to college where I am studying drama, as I want to be an actor/singer and as Jem and Jack often say an overall drama queen. My dream, other than being a superhero, is to be in a production of RENT, my favourite musical of all time. I've been nagging my drama teacher for us to do it as one of our college productions. This year we are finally putting on a production of RENT, and auditions are today and I'm SOOOOO EXCITED, I'm going to audition to play Maureen but I honestly would be happy to just be in the show.

I walk into college and up to the classroom where my first lesson would be, to find my friend Jem.

Jem is a short girl with long brown hair with a thin blue hairband and clutching onto her maths folder since we both have maths first. Even though we both are doing different courses we are in the same maths class, which is a compulsory subject in our college everyone has to take it, Jem doesn't mind but I hate it.

Jems wearing her usual blue jeans with a t-shirt from some geek show or film, she's probably made me watch but I can't remember, she also has one of her many check shirts unbuttoned over the top of her shirt so you can see the design on her shirt.

She's standing there with her maths folder already out of her bag, as she nervously fiddles with her glasses, on her face and I see her backpack with a blue and purple space design on it on the floor behind her, as she leans against the wall.

"Hey Jem", I say as I walk over to her, "how are you this morning?". Jem stops leaning on the wall and straightens herself up and looks at me, as she sees me walking over to her.

"I'm doing good, you?" she answers.

Happily, I replied to her with a smile, "I'm good too, thanks again for helping me with the maths homework last night".

Speaking of which, as I say that our teacher walks over and unlocks the classroom and people start walking into the classroom so we can start the lesson.

I look over to my best friends and she laughs as I say," let's get the hell we call maths over with" as we walk into the classroom.

After our maths lesson, we agree to meet for lunch, hopefully, Jack will be able to join us. As I walk over to my drama lesson, Jem makes her way to her lesson, she's doing a forensics course, she wants to be a lab tech and analyse evidence that is found at crime scenes. I walked into my lesson which is when we held our auditions for our production of RENT. I'm really excited but still nervous. I really want a part in the musical. I've got this I keep telling myself.

Finally, lunch comes around and I can see Jem sitting in our usual spot at the back of the cafeteria, with our friend Jack. Jack is a tall boy with short black hair and a pair of glasses similar to Jems in shape but a different colour, Jems glasses are round and a light shade of blue, whereas Jacks are as black as his hair but are still round like Jems, he gets a lot of comments about him looking like a certain boy with a lightning bolt scar.

I walk over to the table and greet Jack my usual way, "Hey Potter, what's up?", he sighs a sigh of frustration, when I said he gets a lot of comments about being compared to Harry Potter, I mean about 95% of them come from me.

"For the last time Robin, I don't look like Harry Potter '' he says, we both laugh and look at Jem who is eating her sandwich she brought with her, "Come on Jack, you do a bit".

Jack scoffs and replies "Huh we'll see, how about I dress up as Harry Potter for Halloween and see if anyone agrees with you then."

Excitedly both I and Jem look wide-eyed at each other than at him and shout in unison "PLEASE!". Jack jumps up at our outburst and we all burst out laughing.

After our laughing fit, Jack looks at me "Hey Robin, how did the audition go?" he questions.

I looked at him wide-eyed at the realisation I had forgotten to tell them my news. "Huh well Jack, it didn't go well..." I reply as Jacks looks at me sadly.

I smile at Jem as she realises what I'm doing, she looks at me and says " Let me guess it didn't go well it went, absolutely Amazing!!!.

I grin at her and yell "I got the part and will be helping out behind the scenes!".

"That was mean I thought you didn't get the part for a minute there, Ro," Jack said, a little embarrassed, having fallen for my ruse.

Soon college was over, and we all went over to Jack's house since he had been working on something to help us become a superhero team and had finally finished it. I may be the only one of us who wants to become a superhero, but they are very happy at the idea of helping me on the sidelines. I think they just want to spy on me and make sure I'm safe.

But will they stay on the sidelines...

...who knows?

————————————————————————

Me! I know!! Haha anyway chapter two is done. I'm still just sorta introducing the characters, finally met Jack, that's the whole team....

... for now.

Annnnnyway, have a nice day week or month or even a year!

Geronimo!
~Kalaga

This is Jack