Chapter Fourteen: Seasons of Love

It was now the weekend, and I headed over to Jack's house, to meet up with him Jem and Finn

Finn had now become apart of our group and agreed to help us out with the whole superhero thing too. But me and Jem could tell there was something going on with him and Jack like they had a secret, ever since they spoke alone the day they met. They still hadn't told me and Jem what they talked about that day. Not that we didn't try and find out, but they brushed us off every time.

We were hanging out in the Treehouse, and I had decided to tell them about Max, and the fact I had seen him in college. As well as what happened between us... and the fact he blamed me for his mother's death.

By the end of the story, I was in tears, Finn has his hand on my shoulder trying to comfort me, but nothing was making me feel better.

"Oh Robin, it wasn't your fault, it wasn't anyone's fault, it was just an accident, a tragic accident.", Jem was saying to try and make me feel better.

"But Jem you weren't there, you didn't see the look on his face, I've never seen so much hatred in someone's eyes,", I tried to say through sobs.

"Hey, I know something that'll cheer you up," Jem says as she runs out of the Treehouse and into Jacks house.

About 5 minutes later she comes back to the Treehouse with a DVD in her hand. I take a look at the cover:

"You want to watch Rent?,", I say as I look at my friend sceptically

"Yea, you love this film, and I was thinking afterwards we could go through lines with you for your upcoming performance", my brown-haired friend said clutching the DVD in her hands and smiling like a lunatic.

I sigh, and let a massive grin onto my face, "You always know how to cheer me up Jem".

We all sit on the large blue sofa in the Treehouse and Jack puts the film into the DVD player and joins the rest of us on the sofa.

"I don't think I've ever seen this film", Finn says before the film starts.

"Ugh, well, to be honest, I don't know many people who have", I say.

"Beware, Finn, she will sing", Jem says smirking at me.

"A lot", Jack adds before pressing play on the remote.

The film starts, and we here the music of Seasons of Love starts playing, and just like Jem and Jack warned I start singing along.

We spent all day watching films that we all got to pick. Obviously we watched Rent for me, Jem choose Guardians of the Galaxy 2 to watch, and then Finn chose for us to watch Star Wars: The Force Awakens, and finally Jack choose to watch Child's Play (2019). Jem did not like Child's Play (2019).

By the end of the film, Jem was hiding behind the sofa, she had been there for majority of the film.

"It's ok Jem, the films over", Jack said looking over the back of the sofa, laughing.

"I am never watching that film again", Jem said standing up and coming back to sit in her spot on the sofa.

"You barely watched it the first time!!", I said trying to hide back my own laughter.

"You said I would like the film, because Mark Hamill was in it... you did not mention that he was a scary killer doll thing!!", she said throwing a pillow at Jack.

That led to Jack throwing a pillow back at Jem but missed and hitting Finn. Who yelped out of surprise and threw a pillow back at Jack. Eventually it erupted into a fully fledged pillow fight between us all.

This lasted about 15minutes before we all got tired of chasing each other around the Treehouse with pillows and we all collapsed onto the sofa.

"Weren't we supposed to go though you lines with you Ro!", Jem said with a tired chuckle.

"Ah well", I say laughing back.

"Hey, how about we all have a sleepover", Jack said sitting up, "I mean you might have to go home and get clothes and stuff first but it could be fun, plus I have plenty of space for everyone here".

"That's a good idea, Jack", Jem said also sitting herself up.

"Sure, sounds fun", Finn said.

"Let's do it!", I said standing up, "how about we all go home and get clothes and anything else we might need and meet back here... in about an hour?".

I got a mixture of responses from my friends of affirmation before we all left the Treehouse to get our stuff.

"See you all in an hour!", Jack shouted and sat back on the sofa.

When I got to my front door, there was someone standing there about to knock. I stand behind them and clear my throat to get their attention.

The person turned around, and my eyes went wide with shock.

"Max?"
————————————————————————
Rent is my favourite musical
Guardians of the Galaxy 2 is my favourite film
Force Awakens, I wanted a Star Wars film with Finn in because the reference I made earlier in the book.

As for Child Play.... never seen it I asked my friend to suggest a horror film for this ...

Annnnway also cliffhanger....

.... have a greasy day week or month or year!

(I swear I wrote great but it corrected it too greasy but i left it lol)

Geronimo!
~Kalaga