Chapter Sixteen: Should I be worried?

"So you think Max was spooked by a spider that was being controlled by Shadow Spider?", said Jack skeptically

"Maaaaaaaybe," I say in a sing song way.

"Why?," said Finn, "Why would Max be followed by Shadow Spider?".

"I don't know..." I say slumping back on the sofa in Jacks living room.

"How about we solve this another day and just go to bed, after all it is 1:43 am" said Jem yawning.

"It what o'clock am?" I shouted siting up.

"What the matter scared you'll screw up your sleeping schedule... on a weekend?" Jack said smirking which turned into a yawn.

"Who has a sleeping schedule?" Finn says confused.

"Who sleeps?", said Jem.

We all looked at her concerned and confused.

"What?", Jem said confused looking at us blankly.

"Should I be worried?", Jack said looking at Jem genuinely concerned.

"Yes but not about that!", Jem said followed by a chuckle.

All our concern faded, I caught a glimpse of Jack and Jem smiling at each other. Are they blushing?

"So should we go to sleep?", Finn said with a clasp of his hands as he stood up. "Uhh what are the sleeping arrangements?", he asked nervously shuffling on his feet.

"Oh umm I never thought of that," Jack said as he then went deep in thought, " I have plenty of pillows and blankets we could make a comfy space in the floor and just sleep there?" He says with a shrug.

"Sounds perfect!", Jem says excited.

About 20 mins later the floor had become a massive bed and we all settled in for the night.

"Night Night Super team!!" Jack said before falling asleep.

"Night!", we heard a small quiet voice say, which was Finn.

About an hour later I was still up, thinking I couldn't sleep... I heard Jem shuffle indicating she was still awake as well.

"Can't sleep Ro?" I heard her ask.

"Not a wink", I replied a yawn.

She sat up resting her back on the sofa. I followed and did the same.

"Wanna just talk?", she asked me.

"Sure!", I replied with.

Is was a couple of minutes of silence before I thought of something I wanted to talk to her about.

"Uh Jem...", I said hesitantly not wanted to her embarrass her.

"Yea Ro?", she asked concerned.