I have never smiled as much as I have with my best friend.

A life filled with laughs and late-night star watching.

"You are a literal brat," I tell Erik as he gives me a goofy smile.

"Your brat."

"Lucky me," I say dryly, knowing this will be Erik's tipping point, and I will be plunged into a fit of giggles.

Erik doesn't even answer me but instead sends me into a fit of giggling, gasping for air as his fingers run up and down my ribs.

"Get off." I gasp as I try to catch my breath.

I can feel how hot my face is and the sweat sticking to my body.

Erik rolls off of me and lies beside me, propped up on his elbow so he can watch me. He moves a strand of my hair that is sticking to my skin away from my face.

"Do you wanna go take a swim?" My eyes light up at the mention of the ocean.

Being surrounded by water was one of the reasons I had agreed to Kia's idea of us renewing our vows.

I guess Kia and I aren't as different as I thought before.

"I swear that's the only reason you were so stubborn about buying our house."

The house that we purchased together is in a gated community with our home backing right on to the beach.

Every morning I would sit out in the sun, enjoying the warmth with my coffee and notebook in hand.

I have, indeed, found happiness.

"Cleo likes it too," I comment, making Erik scuff.

Cleo was an adopted cat that I had gotten while he was on tour in Europe, and I was in New York, wandering around the streets enjoying the Manhattan rush.

I didn't mean to adopt a cat, but she was so sick, and the look she was giving me was breaking my heart. She was a soft grey colour with a white patch on her chest, and her eyes were bright green, but they looked empty.

"Cleo is old." Erik points out to me, "not to mention she somehow always takes my spot."

I laugh at Erik and all the times that Cleo would jump on the couch beside me just as Erik would try and sit down.

Cleo had soon become my travel buddy and would be in every facetime call with Erik until he would get annoyed with her or say he's not doing shit in front of a cat.

"She's only 7 Erik, that's not very old for a cat."

"I swear that cat is going to take over your love for me."

"Very true."

"That's it. You're coming on every tour and show with us now."

I give Erik a light kiss before standing up and heading to my suitcase to get my swimsuit.

I had gone a little crazy the week before we were set to leave and bought a whole new wardrobe just for this trip.

I slip into the white one piece and head out to the beach, not bothering to wait for Erik, he knows where to find me.

As the water touches my ankle, a smile breaks out on my face. In a few days, we will be renewing our vows in front of friends and family. Erik's family from Britain will even be joining us for the wedding.

"I can't wait for everyone we care about to be together again." I look over my shoulder at Erik as he walks into the ocean.

"It's been a wild ride, but I wouldn't change any of this for a minute, Erik."

"You can't believe how happy I am that your ex-boyfriend and his friends bought those tickets." Erik gathers me in his arms and places a kiss on my forehead, "I love you."

"I love you too, Erik." I rest my head against his chest and listen to his heartbeat.

We move further into the warm water as the sun beats down on us, splashing each other and talking about the last few months.

Erik has been busy in the studio while I've been trying to find inspiration for my next book and have been travelling around to different cities, talking to different people.

I was learning about their stories and their struggles to write a book, not for myself, but for the ones that supported my dream.

I place my hands on Erik's shoulders to keep steady as the waves push me around, and my feet only brush the bottom. Erik is having no trouble at all and is laughing at me.

"Can't touch?" He smirks at me before wrapping his arms around my thighs and pulling me up so I can wrap my legs around his hips. "Better?"

"Much." I laugh as I look down at him. The seawater is sticking to his hair, droplets running down that follow the structure of his face. His blue eyes match the clear water and sparkle in the afternoon sun.

I brush my nose against his as I stare into eyes, something I have found a love for.

Erik tilts his face up and connects our lips. The salt from the ocean passes between us as the kisses become more urgent.

It never fails to amaze me that the same fiery passion still exists anytime we touch.

I know that we could be old and bedridden, but the moment we touch the same fire will course through our bodies, lighting the flame within us and making us feel full of youth.

I press my body against Erik, feeling the need to be closer than we already are.

"We need to stop." Erik pants as he pulls away, "we aren't alone."

I look over my shoulder at the hotel and see that he's right; we aren't alone.

"Has not stopped us before," I smirk at Erik, thinking back to Paris.

Now that was a thrill, never have I been so scared to be caught.

"Yeah, every fucking show you're at. I'm always late and out of breath when I get on the stage." I shrug my shoulders at Erik to say: not my problem.

"You love me."

"Yes, I do." Erik still holds me by my thighs as we talk until the sun begins to set, casting orange and pink hues across the water.

"We should head back, tomorrow is going to be a busy day," Erik tells me, but neither of us makes a move to leave, wanting to stay in this moment forever.

"Can't we wait for the stars to be out?" I ask, knowing very well he will agree.

"Yeah, but let's get out of the ocean and warm up. I'm starting to get cold." I untangle my legs from his hips and take his hand as we head back to the beach.

Erik heads into our room and grabs us some towels and hoodies before meeting me on the small deck.

We snuggle close together on the bench and watch the sunset, and then the stars as they take centre stage, shining bright above us.

I look over at Erik to see he's already looking at me, "what?"

"Just thinking about how as a teenager that this is what I wanted when I thought about love, but I was too scared to go after it until you came into my life, and now I can't wait for a forever of this." Erik cups my cheek and stares into my eyes with so much love and adoration I can't help but feel tears starting to brim in my eyes.

"Forever," I whisper to him. 

Edited by GirlReader133

Other Books in The Series 
Our Last Night
Point Break (Summer of 2020)
The Hex Sisters (Winter of 2021)