XCI

I'm sorry that I can't be perfect
But I'm not changing who I am
Maybe there's no destination
Maybe I'm gonna make mistakes
~ Simple Plan & State Champs ft. We The Kings, Where I Belong

Staring at the words in front of me, a pit begins to form in my stomach at the realization that Erik and I will be on separate continents.

I knew this was a possibility, but I didn't think it would happen.

My book has taken off better than I thought, and the publishers have been pushing for a book tour even though I don't feel the book tour is necessary, especially at this stage.

The book hasn't even hit the shelves yet, and they want me in ten different cities doing book signings and Q&As with audiences of at least 200 people.

I rest my head on the smooth surface of the table as I try to process the idea of being on a book tour.

Is this something I want?

I mean, I want to write and share my work with everyone, but do I want this kind of attention?

I know that if I want to touch more people with my work that I am going to need to do these kinds of things, and a tour during the fall would be a perfect time as Christmas is not far off, but this is all so new.

I left my old life behind because I was tired of people telling me what to do, and now I want someone to determine what to do for me.

Why is adulting so hard?

I close the laptop, not wanting to think about it any longer and wanting to focus on what's left of the last Warped Tour with the few stops left on tour.

It's hard to believe the summer is almost gone; it felt like it flew by with all the travelling and drama that happened within a short time. Not to mention all the people we got to meet in all those cities.

In the short amount of time in between tours, we are searching for a house to make our own. The old home that the band shared is going to be sold, and we are going to be going our separate ways.

They all agreed that Erik has to get a house with a practice area. They have been practicing at his place since the beginning, and it has become a tradition for them.

I know that living on their own somewhat will be suitable for each of them and will probably cut down on the fights, especially with the extensive tours they have been getting booked.

To say I am excited about that chapter is an understatement, but I know with all those changes, a tour of my own is a long shot.

"I'll sleep on it and then talk about it with Erik tomorrow after the show and then send the publisher my answer. It will work out, everything usually does," I tell myself as I pack my things up and head for the bunks.

As I enter the bunk section of the bus, I see Erik standing in the bathroom on the phone whispering to whoever is on the other end of the line.

I raise my eyebrow at him, trying to figure out who he could be talking to this late.

I don't think it's his aunt since she would be working right now, and he hasn't contacted his cousin directly.

He gives me a small wave once he notices me, "I'll call you back tomorrow. My wife is getting ready for bed. I look forward to meeting with you guys, and I think Olivia has a few more things to sort out before we make it official."

Erik waits for the reply from the other person before hanging up the phone.

"Who was that?" I whisper to him as I change into a pair of cotton pyjamas shorts and a tank top.

"My cousins from England. Olivia contacted them a while ago about being the opening act for us in Europe since they have been topping charts over there and thinks it would be good for the tour if they were apart of it." He tells me as he strips to his boxers, not caring that he shares the space with other people.

I think by now they have all seen each other's asses one too many times.

Usually, I would head to the bathroom, but it is late, and all the curtains are drawn shut, so oh well.

"That will be exciting and good for you," I tell him as I climb into the bunk opposite of his, "what is their band called?"

"They just recently hit the States in the spring, I'm not sure if you heard of them, Our Last Night."

"No, I don't think so, I'll have to look them up. So is it just one cousin in the band or what?"

"It consists of my cousins who are triplets and a random guy they met playing high school football."

"Oh, you mean soccer?" I tease Erik, but loving the way that what's left of his accent comes out when he says soccer.

He rolls his eyes at me, placing a light kiss on my forehead, "we aren't doing this again."

I laugh at him, happy that he is getting to meet his father's side of the family.

"Love you, my little Brit." I laugh as he climbs into his bunk.

"Okay, there, bud." He smiles at me before telling me he loves me too.

"I love you guys too!" Lucas yells from his bunk below mine.

"I thought you were sleeping." I giggle as I see his head pop out and him looking up at me.

"But we didn't get to do good night kisses."

"Wrong Lexington, dumbass." I hear Kyle mutter from behind his curtain.

"Guess I'll have to settle for Kyle kisses then." I watch as Lucas crawls out of his bunk and jumps through Kyle's curtain and into his bed.

"Get off of me, you idiot." Kyle tries to fight off Lucas' act and tries to push him out of the bunk.

"Not till you give me a good night kiss."

"Ask daddy Devon for a kiss."

"Don't ever call me that again." Devon yells from the top bunk, "fucking weirdos, some people are trying to sleep."

"But daddy devon we want a bedtime story," Erik says, joining in on the chaos that has erupted.

"Fuck off, Erik. Why don't you guys bug Avril."

"We want daddy Devon," Lucas says as Kyle gives him a good shove out of the bunk.

I look at Erik with a smile; how could I possibly leave this?

Edited by @GirlReader133