XI

Yes, I'm stuck in the middle with you,
And I'm wondering what it is I should do,
It's so hard to keep this smile from my face,
~ Stealers Wheel, Stuck In The Middle With You

The show had gone on even longer than we expected, the crowd had cheered for an encore twice, but by the third time, the band had decided that wasn't enough. Scarlett made sure to tell them they would be playing two more concerts in New York before heading to Philadelphia.

The crowd seemed pleased that they would be around for a bit longer and when Scarlett had mentioned the contest the room was filled with excitement.

I make sure I am on my phone after the announcement and while the band meets with fans who had purchased meet and greet passes. The number of notifications I was getting was insane, whether it was people tagging, liking, retweeting, or just tweeting about their experience.

Many people had posted videos of the new song that was played today with praise for the song.

I make sure to reply to tweets fans make about the show along with liking anything that was retweeted or shared by fans and that was just Twitter.

I wasn't going to deal with Instagram until tomorrow morning, that's a whole different experience.

The good news was that the contest seemed to be working as the page was gaining a lot of followers, many overseas.

Maybe there would be a future tour in Europe, Marcus would be so happy.

"I think tonight was one of our best shows." Scarlett sits down beside me with two water bottles in hand, one almost empty. It seems like the case we had brought in before the show was almost gone.

"It was really was, the atmosphere was amazing." I bump her shoulder with mine. Like the rest of the band, Scarlett is covered in sweat and her makeup is smeared.

"I think that's the last of them, everyone get back to the hotel and get some rest. We have another show here tomorrow night, same time." Olivia doesn't stick around for long, just long enough to congratulate the band and tell them what to work on.

"Do you think there's any leftover pizza?" I question Scarlett as she starts to get up, probably to pack her guitar and the rest of her gear up.

"Are you really asking that? I can guarantee there is no leftover pizza, I think Lucas was going to pick up Indian on the way back." I nod my head at Olivia, I wasn't a fan of spicy food.

"I'll probably stop at one of the burger joints I saw on the drive over." I go to help Scarlett pack up the gear, but before I can help I'm yanked by my arm, "What the fuck?"

"Ray you really shouldn't use that kind of language."

"And you should really learn my name." I place my hand on my hip and glare at him. He hasn't told me the reason for the little pet name.

"Maybe, but come on let's go." He tugs on my wrist like I will just follow right behind him.

Yeah, no.

"I'm tired and hungry, let's just go back to the hotel," I whine as I try to yank my arm away from him, it's a miserable attempt.

"Yeah, same, but I don't want Indian, spicy and I don't mix." He scrunches his face at the thought of it.

"What is it, the curry?" I ask as I'm able to yank my wrist free. I give Erik a huge victory grin as I rub my wrist, trying to get some sympathy from him.

Nothing.

Well, it's not like he actually hurt me, so I guess it was a long shot.

"Yes! I can barely eat medium wings." He sighs and I can see the lightest tint of blush on his cheeks, "do you wanna grab something else to eat?"